Cars for the GRID GT / GRID Prototypes Mod
(but can also be installed and driven as standalone)
Model : Porsche 991 RSR 2013-2016
Series : ELMS / LM / IMSA / IWSC / USCC / WEC
Classes : GTE / GTE AM / GTE PRO / GTLM
Porsche 991 RSR Mod created by zumlee & GT-IMT
Original NFS World Conversion to GTA SA by Armin
Base Car : GT Italia Modding Team
Wheels : BrK
Skins : dafizzner, CS, Silentgun, the_racer & dmx1
Car Infos from Wikipedia :
In 2013, Porsche introduced the newest version of the RSR based on the 991 model for the LM GTE category. Because the 991 GT3 was not in production at the time of the announcement, Porsche was forced to homologate it based on the 911 Carrera model. The 991 RSR includes revised aerodynamics, a lighter gearbox and a new, lower suspension. For the 2013 season, Porsche retained the Mezger engine of the 997 GT3 RSR model. Manthey Racing was chosen to run the cars in the FIA World Endurance Championship; the team achieved its best success at the 2013 24 Hours of Le Mans where the 991 RSR finished 1-2 in the GT class.
For 2014, Porsche announced that it partnered with CORE Autosport to run two Porsche 911 RSRs in the United SportsCar Championship (under the Porsche North America team name) while AKB GT Raceline has announced that they would run a pair of 911 RSRs in the series. Team Falken Tire also announced that it would be running a 911 RSR from Sebring onwards. Manthey Racing will continue to run two 911 RSRs in the WEC.
change-log / updates – reworked by SiGi :
Version 2.1 (January 2018) :
– added latest updated files by GT-IMT (2016 teams, physics aso.)
– corrected different displayed chassis heights ingame (caused by wrong material name) and adjusted Graphical Offset values
– corrected sideways shining extra lights trough glasses / covers
– added new backfires
– reworked texture settings for wheels
– updated CAS and CAR files
– added new ambient shadow by GTR233
– and some more i can’t remember…
Version 1.5 – October 2017 :
updates on internal cockpit :
– reworked texture settings and added partly new textures
– created new chassis
– added / reworked cockpit windows (taken from WES Mod by SilverSun / Simtek)
– corrected mirror position from Cam Display (inside)
– improved steering wheel position
– closed visible hole (right beside front window)
– reworked rainscreen (position and animation)
other updates :
– added new collision and shadow file
– added new damage file
– added default GTR2 tread textures for wheels
– corrected wobbling brake discs
– reworked CAS file
– reworked .car files
– added new Sounds and adjusted .aud file (from 997 Evo with louder Transmission Sounds)
– and some more i can’t remember…
Note for missing sounds :
this car use the same sounds like the GRID GT Porsche 997 GT3 RSR Evo.
i haven’t added this sounds into this package to save webspace.
if you haven’t installed this car yet you can get it here :
GRID GT Porsche 997 GT3 RSR Evo
furthermore the car use the Transmission Sounds from the GRID GT Porsche 997 GT3 RSR
wich you can get here :
GRID GT Porsche 997 GT3 RSR
Deinstall / Install Instructions :
i recommend always to DELETE FIRST any previous versions of this car / mod to prevent crashes / mismatches !
for that, navigate into your “GTR2\GameData\Teams\GRID_GT\…” directory and delete the complete folder “Porsche 991 RSR Teams” – done.
to install, extract with WinRAR or else and drop the GameData folder into your GTR2 main-directory – allow to overwrite existing one with “YES ALL” – done.
no original GTR2 files will be overwritten.
Recommended Addons for this mod :
– only for private, non-commercial use / entertainment
– use at your own risk
All copyrights belong to their respective owners.