Car for the GRID Prototypes Mod 2006-2012 v2.0
reworked by SiGi
Model from RR3 by Firemonkeys Studios / EA *
GTR2 Conversion and adjustments by saschalolxd / SJ Modding
* not sure if this is correct as there was no ReadMe file for the car
Mod Infos :
Model : Nissan GT-R LM Nismo (2015)
Typ : Le Mans Prototype
Engine : Nissan VRX30A 3.0L V6
included Teams : 2015
Series : 24h LM / WEC
Class : P1
This is an Addon-Car for the GRID Prototypes Mod 2006-2012 v2.0
this reworked car can be also installed and driven as standalone without the GRID Prototypes Mod.
Car Infos from Wikipedia :
The Nissan GT-R LM Nismo was a sports prototype racing car built by the Nissan Motor Company and their motorsports division Nismo. Designed for the Le Mans Prototype 1 Hybrid (LMP1-H) regulations of the FIA World Endurance Championship and the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the GT-R LM was unique amongst Le Mans Prototypes at the time for utilizing a front mid-engine layout for its internal combustion engine, as opposed to the rear mid-engine layout used by nearly all other competitors in the category.
It was Nissan’s first prototype chassis since the R391 in 1999, although the company had developed engines in recent years.
change-log – reworked by SiGi :
Version 1.1 (January 2023) :
updates on internal cockpit :
– added a better internal cockpit from AC
(taken from the AC Nissan GT-R LM Version by Sparviero, found on GT-IMT Forum)
– cutted not visible parts to reduce file size
– added new textures and reworked all texture settings
– created new RPM LEDs on steering wheel and closed gaps behind
– changed MoTeC Panel with Mirror on middle Display
– created Warning LEDs for Cam Display (lateral)
– created new chassis
– added working rainscreen
general updates :
– reworked / corrected texture settings
– splitted / cutted body parts from rear wings and merged it with chassis
– created missing day lights
– created new glowing head lights and texture
– reworked flash lights
– corrected wobbling tires
– created individual body masks for teams and new glowing number textures (cpit03)
– added new external steering wheel
– reworked CAS and CAR file entries
– added external mirror glass
– added new shadows parts for better anti-aliasing
– added tech specs infos for showroom
…and some more that I can’t remember…
This car has sadly only 1024px skins – it would be desirable if someone could create the skins in 2048 resolution. The skins can also be upscaled with the Upscale AI Plugin for Photoshop (i can’t try this as i work with an older PS Version) – i watched some tutorials and the results was impressive.
Sound Notes :
The required sound files are NOT included in this mod !
If you hear no engine sounds in game, download the GRID Prototypes Sound-Pack here :
Recommended Addons for this mod :
Deinstall / Install Instructions :
i recommend always to DELETE FIRST any previous versions of this car / mod to prevent crashes / mismatches !
for that, navigate into your “GTR2-GameData-Teams-GRID…” directory and delete the complete folder “Nissan GT-R LM” – done.
to install, extract with WinRAR or else and drop the GameData folder into your GTR2 main-directory – allow to overwrite existing one with “YES ALL” – done.
No original GTR2 files will be overwritten.
– only for private, non-commercial use / entertainment
– use at your own risk
All copyrights belong to their respective owners.