Watkins Glen International
including GP, Long and Nascar Layout
GTR2 version by Altbierbude.de, derDumeklemmer
Track Infos from Wikipedia :
Watkins Glen International, nicknamed “The Glen“, is an automobile race track located in Watkins Glen, New York, at the southern tip of Seneca Lake. It was long known around the world as the home of the Formula One United States Grand Prix, which it hosted for twenty consecutive years (1961–1980), but the site has been home to road racing of nearly every class, including the World Sportscar Championship, Trans-Am, Can-Am, Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, the International Motor Sports Association and the IndyCar Series.
Initially, public roads in the village were used for the race course. In 1956 a permanent circuit for the race was built. In 1968 the race was extended to six hours, becoming the 6 Hours of Watkins Glen. The circuit’s current layout has more or less been the same since 1971, with minor modifications after the fatal crashes of François Cevert in 1973 and J.D. McDuffie in 1991. The older of those chicanes, however, has since been removed.
The circuit is known as the Mecca of North American road racing and is a very popular venue among fans and drivers. The facility is currently owned by International Speedway Corporation.
The circuit also has been the site of music concerts: the 1973 Summer Jam, featuring The Allman Brothers Band, the Grateful Dead and The Band and attended by 600,000 fans, and two Phish festivals: Super Ball IX in 2011 and Magnaball in 2015.
The SIM Version :
The Glen was converted from rF to GTL by DutchDevil back in 2007.
It became one of my favourite tracks all over the years but meanwhile it was not at today’s specs for track design due to the fact that it was converted from the older SIM F1C.
So I’ve decided to review it and update it with today’s shaders specs including multi texture materials uv mapping. Since my old friend DutchDevil left RacingSim sector long time ago for private issues I was not able to ask him for permission, hope he don’t mind.
Pls. find all the original documentation from GTR2 V2 and rF V2 included with this archive.
– Working Start-/PitIn-/Pitoutlights
– rain reflection
– Animated marshals
– Full featured GTR2 AIW for 36 cars (incl. pace car)
– ambient occlusion bakemap uv mapping for faked shadows
– Stu Griffiths and Mika Hirvonen and everyone at RSDG for the original model of the track
– Gmilno for the GTR-conversion of the track
– Jason for his rF version
– DutchDevil for his initial GTL release
– Culmone67 for texture updates
SPECIAL THANKS :
– DutchDevil for getting me started in conversion issues
– MotorfX and Greybrad for their kind AIW guidance
– my lovely wife for all her patience and understanding.
..and all the guys I’m in contact due to conversion issues.
KNOWN ISSUES :
Pls. feel free to report BUGs in the bulletin board of altbierbude.de
ADDITIONAL NOTES :
We’re offering the result of all our working hours free of charge,but we ask for one single fee from the user…
Pls. give a little respect to all these working hours spent by everybody involved in this version:
This project is a “take it as it is, or leave it”-release.
Pls. see EULA for more detailed information.
V3.01 – 2014-12-09 :
– updated/reviewed GTR2 version
2 Thoughts to “Watkins Glen v3.01”
Thanks for this track, it looks and feel fantastic
*BUT* there are issues with the player car path exiting the pits:
– the car slows down first, then the erratic behaviour depends on the class of car and
the model (among the class)
1. the 2004 Lamborgini Murcielago gets stuck against a truck and after a minute it
make it out of the pit area (needs the “antispin” activated)
– the Saleen S7R can’t even reach the track for it gets stuck behind a barrier