A while ago, derDumeklemmer released this track for GTL. It is based on the older GTR2 version by Dutch Devil. Since it looks a lot better throught the new multi-mapping and transitions, I asked permission to reverse this version to GTR2. I just corrected the AIW, added the rain reflection, tuned the GDB file and increased the saturation of the grass.
UPDATE 2.7 :
– added skimarks by derDumeklemmer
– re-entered the cows
– rain reflections lighting up with head lights fixed.
– skybox was incomplete, did not include rain sky. Fixed.
– added rain path to AIW
– fixed racing groove in AIW
– adjusted AIW corridors to reduce crashing in last corner
– cams by motorgash9000 added
Have Fun !
This is the rest of Uwe’s README:
WHAT WIKIPEDA MENTIONES ABOUT
The Österreichring is a disused Austrian race circuit which hosted the Formula One Austrian Grand Prix for 18 consecutive years, from 1970 to 1987. After being shortened, rebuilt and renamed the A1-Ring, it hosted the Austrian Grand Prix again from 1997 to 2003. The track is located in Spielberg, Styria. The old Österreichring was more often referred to as being located at Zeltweg, which is bigger and better known. However, the circuit was never relocated, only modified.
In addition, the one-off 1964 Austrian Grand Prix was held at Zeltweg Airfield, so this name was already known. The Österreichring’s safety concerns reached a head in 1987 when that year’s race needed two restarts following crashes on the starting grid. As a result, the track was abandoned by Formula One for nearly a decade.
In 1995 and 1996, it was totally rebuilt, at the same site, by Hermann Tilke. Its length was shortened from 5.942 km (3.692 mi) to 4.326 km (2.688 mi), and the fast sweeping corners were replaced by three tight right-handers, in order to create overtaking opportunities. Its three long straights, as well as a twisty infield section, asked for a setup compromise.
As much of the construction work was paid for by the cellphone provider A1, the track was renamed the A1-Ring. It proceeded to host seven Formula One Austrian Grands Prix between 1997 and 2003, as well as several DTM touring car races.
– Working Start-/PitIn-/Pitoutlights
– Animated marshals&spectators
– Ingame .BIK-Videos
– Full featured GTR2 AIW for 36 cars
– Multi texture environment mapping
– Dutch Devil for GTR2-version
– Thunderchild for additional textures and objects of GTR2 version
– Genhis99 for rF-version
– TAKU for loading screen
SPECIAL THANKS :
– Brendon Pywell for Bob`s track buider
– Dave Noonan for 3dSimEd&Trkmaker
– ISI for rFactor, the Gmotor2 engine and the documentation about
– SimBin for all the great SIMs
– The Blender foundation for Blender project
– Our girlfriends for their patience and understanding.
..and all the guys we’re in contact due to Racing-SIM issues.