GTR2 updates by ZWISS
– original track by Milestone for SBK
– SBDT for the F1-2002 version
– MotorFx and RacerM for their GTR2 conversions
– Greybrad for his AIW of the short version
– Taku, sonic and FrankyBB for the GTR2 LODS
– Luigi for making new cams
– Thunderchild for some textures
– NeelJ for his longgrass objects
Track Infos from Wikipedia :
The TT Circuit Assen is a motorsport race track built in 1955 and located in Assen, Netherlands. Host of the Dutch TT, it is popularly referred to as “The Cathedral” of motorcycling by the fans of the sport. It has a capacity of 110,000 spectators, including 60,000 seats. Since 1992, the circuit has also been part of the Superbike World Championship calendar.
The original Assen track was first used for the 1925 Dutch TT (Tourist Trophy) race, held on country roads through the villages of Borger, Schoonloo and Grolloo, and organized by the Motorclub Assen en Omstreken. The brick-paved track had a length of 28.57 km (17.75 mi). The winner was Piet van Wijngaarden on a 500 cc Norton with an average speed of 91.4 km/h (56.8 mph). In years afterwards the Dutch TT was held on a road circuit through De Haar, Barteldbocht, Oude Tol, Hooghalen, Laaghalen and Laaghalerveen.
In 1951 the Italian Umberto Masetti took the record on a 500 cc Gilera with an average speed of 162.35 km/h (100.88 mph). In 1954, Geoff Duke of Great Britain reached 170.69 km/h (106.06 mph). The circuit remained unchanged until 1955, when a whole new circuit was built close to the site of the original, but less than a third of the length and much more like a modern road racing circuit.
The circuit was fundamentally redesigned again in 2006, becoming the so-called A-Style Assen TT Circuit. All alterations aside, only one section of the circuit is original; the finish line never moved. On 21 September 2009 it was announced that a new chicane will be added, after a request from the A1GP organization, however A1GP was unable to start the 2009–2010 season and as a substitute the Superleague Formula replaced A1GP.
The current Assen race track was built in 1955, and initially had a length of 7,705 meters (4.788 mi). The current track has a length of 4,555 meters (2.830 mi) with the mixture of super fast flat-out and slow corners. The longest straight is 560 meters (0.348 mi). The curves in Assen were traditionally banked and the surface is extremely grippy, so the riders were able to drive much faster on the course than other circuits. Today these sloped or curved bends have been modified due to safety issues.
Virtual Track Infos :
MotorFx and RacerM kindly gave me permission to upgrade their version of the Dutch Assen track. I really love this track because it’s a genuine high speed track.
The original track is actually the pré 2000 layout, …In 1999 the race tower in this track was destroyed. In 2002 the whole back stretch was altered and many trees were removed and bigger sand traps created in the north loop.
I used many pictures and online movies of the 2001 Dutch Supercar Challenge to finish the track : Source
You should delete my older Assen 2001 version and the HAT files.
This version will not conflict with other Assen tracks.
Updates in Version 3.0 :
– Reduced AI speed
– fixed some graphic errors (thanks to Andreas Binz)
– fixed time trial start positions
– reposition all the trees around the south loop.
– totally reworked TRK file and GMT’s for better FPS
– Up normals on all all fences and armco (fix shading)
– new power lines + towers
– texture improvements + multi texturing
– fixed startlights
– flattened south loop infield
– new animated marshalls
– added long grass by NeelJ
What is new in 2.0 ?
– Short layout included (Assen National).
– Added camber to many corners
– Rizla tower added from scratch
– Scratch build new controle tower anno 2001
– Tires at the Nationale bocht and the chicane
– New textures for tarmac, tirewalls, grass and objects using Photoshop.
– North loop infield flattened, totally changed the trees, just like real track in 2001.
– Moved many objects, trees, marchalls,…
– New cams by Luigi
– AIW: Adjusted fuel use, fixed alpha, …
– Added GTR2 LODS
Still to come:
– more camber to corners
– beter AIW to adjust to the camber
Have fun, not fame.