GTR2 updates by ZWISS
MotorFx and RacerM kindly gave me permission to upgrade their version of the Dutch Assen track.
I really love this track because it’s a genuine high speed track.
The original track is actually the pré 2000 layout, …In 1999 the race tower in this track was destroyed.
In 2002 the whole back stretch was altered and many trees were removed and bigger sand traps created in the north loop.
I used many pictures and online movies of the 2001 Dutch Supercar Challenge to finish the track:
You should delete my older Assen 2001 version and the HAT files.
This version will not conflict with other Assen tracks.
What is new in 2.0?
– Short layout included (Assen National).
– Added camber to many corners
– Rizla tower added from scratch
– Scratch build new controle tower anno 2001
– Tires at the Nationale bocht and the chicane
– New textures for tarmac, tirewalls, grass and objects using Photoshop.
– North loop infield flattened, totally changed the trees, just like real track in 2001.
– Moved many objects, trees, marchalls,…
– New cams by Luigi
– AIW: Adjusted fuel use, fixed alpha, …
– Added GTR2 LODS
– Reduced AI speed
– fixed some graphic errors (thanks to Andreas Binz)
– fixed time trial start positions
– reposition all the trees around the south loop.
– totally reworked TRK file and GMT’s for better FPS
– Up normals on all all fences and armco (fix shading)
– new power lines + towers
– texture improvements + multi texturing
– fixed startlights
– flattened south loop infield
– new animated marshalls
– added long grass by NeelJ
Still to come:
– more camber to corners
– beter AIW to adjust to the camber
– original track by Milestone for SBK
– SBDT for the F1-2002 version
– MotorFx and RacerM for their GTR2 conversions
– Greybrad for his AIW of the short version
– Taku, sonic and FrankyBB for the GTR2 LODS
– Luigi for making new cams
– Thunderchild for some textures
– NeelJ for his longgrass objects
Have fun, not fame.