GTR2 Conversion by Dylan
This mod is dedicated to Chela
last update by SiGi for eSport-Racing.de (25.11.2014) :
– arranged All-in-One Install Package
– added tyre and audio fix by dylan
– added reversed mirror fix by BillBro
– small updates on SIM-files
updates v1.1 :
– fixed Lotus Teams
– fixed tyres (.tyr-files)
– fixed some sounds (.aud-files)
– fixed wrong / reversed mirror-view
– The Original creators were BigFelix and Me_Slayer of Team Crew for F1C.
– The rFactor conversion was done by Reuteman, ChiefWiggum, Slimjim and Ed Straker.
– The GTL conversion is brought to you by Soze, Vintage Racer, and fisheracing.
– This GTR2 conversion is now brought to you by Dylan.
– Evolution Modding: A nice site to visit. Thank you for setting up a place where modders can interact and share information.
– Wikipedia: The place where I got most of the historic information.
– Streckensau: For the steering wheel clarifications, which were quite useful.
– Vintage Racer: For the beautiful icons he did, helmets, suits, huds and testing.
– fisheracing: Your help has been so absolutely invaluable in so many ways that this project would have never seen the daylight if you weren’t there. You’re my hero, mate 😀
Because of safety concerns, the FIA withdraws the GP of Mexico and Belgium from the championship. Pedro Rodriguez dies racing not a F1, but a sports-car. Niki Lauda makes his debut as a F1 pilot, driving a private March in the Austrian Grand Prix.
The italian Grand Prix becomes witness of a very tight victory: Peter Gethin outruns Ronnie Peterson by 0,01 sec. Lotus loses prominence in the championship to not getting any victory in the whole season, something that didn’t happen since 1960. Jo Siffert dies after a crash in Brands Hatch, a non-points race for the championship. Jackie Stewart becomes a world champion.
Grand Prix List:
South Africa 6th March Kyalami (Midrand, Gauteng) Mario Andretti Ferrari
Spain 18th April Montjuic (Barcelona) Jackie Stewart Tyrrell
Monaco 23th May Montecarlo (Montecarlo) Jackie Stewart Tyrrell
Holland 20th June Zandvoort (Zandvoort) Jacky Ickx Ferrari
France 4th July Paul Ricard (Castellet) Jackie Stewart Tyrrell
Great Britain 17th July Silverstone (Silverstone) Jackie Stewart Tyrrell
Germany 1th August Nürburgring (Nürburg) Jackie Stewart Tyrrell
Austria 15th August Osterreichring (Spielberg) Jo Siffert BRM
Italy 5th September Monza (Monza) Peter Gethin BRM
Canada 19th September Mosport Park (Bowmanville) Jackie Stewart Tyrrell
United States 3th October Watkins Glen (Watkins Glen) Francois Cevert Tyrrell
Final Classifications – Pilots:
1 Jackie Stewart 62
2 Ronnie Peterson 33
3 Francois Cevert 26
4 Jacky Ickx 19
5 Jo Siffert 19
6 Emerson Fittipaldi 16
7 Clay Regazzoni 13
8 Mario Andretti 12
9 Peter Gethin 9
10 Pedro Rodriguez 9
11 Chris Amon 9
12 Denny Hulme 9
13 Reine Wisell 9
14 Tim Schenken 5
15 Howden Ganley 5
16 Mark Donohue 4
17 Henri Pescarolo 4
18 John Surtees 3
19 Mike Hailwood 3
20 Rolf Stommelen 3
21 Graham Hill 2
22 Jean-Pierre Beltoise 1
Final Classifications – Makes:
1 Tyrrell 73
2 BRM 36
3 Ferrari 33
4 March 33
5 Lotus 21
6 McLaren 10
7 Matra 9
8 Surtees 8
9 Brabham 5
There are 11 races and these are the tracks you’ll need to have installed (I hope their authors don’t mind me to list them here):
South Africa (79 laps) – 75Kyalami by motorfx
Spain (75 laps) – GPL Montjuich by motorfx
Monaco (80 laps) – 79Monaco by DerDumeklemmer
Holland (70 laps) – 67zandvoort by DutchDevil
France (55 laps) – 75paul by DerDumeklemmer
Great Britain (68 laps) – Silverstone88 by DerDumeklemmer
Germany (12 laps) – 70Nordschleife by motorfx
Austria (54 laps) – 70Oesterreich by motorfx
Italy (55 laps) – 70sMonza by motorfx
Canada (64 laps) – 67Mosport by TICTOC
USA (59 laps) – 75Watkins by motorfx
The tracks aren’t included in this package, but you can find them all here on eSport-Racing.de .
As you can imagine, all these changes are meant to people with a basic knowledge of the GTL file structure. If you don’t feel that you can do and undo them I suggest you don’t change anything. By no means we’ll be held responsible for any damages to your GTR2 installation done because of you tampering with things beyond your understanding.