Cars for the GRID GT / GRID Prototypes Mod
(but can also be installed and driven as standalone)
Model : Aston Martin Vantage GTE 2016-2017
Series : ELMS / LM / WEC
Classes : GTE AM / GTE PRO
Mod created by GT Italia Modding Team
3D Model taken from “ALMS 2009 GT2 Mod” by Lisgo Modding Team
3D update by GT-IMT and Sweet Thunder
Skins by dafizzner
Motec by Scorpyo
Car Infos from Wikipedia :
The Aston Martin Vantage GTE, also called Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE, is a racing car from Aston Martin Racing, the motorsport department of Aston Martin. The Aston Martin Vantage GTE is based on the Le Mans Grand Touring Endurance (LM GTE) regulations and is designed for endurance racing. The Aston Martin Vantage GTE is the most successful racing car in the FIA World Endurance Championship across all classes.
The Aston Martin Vantage GTE is the successor to the Aston Martin Vantage GT2. In 2016 there was the update for the two LM-GTE Pro cars in the FIA WEC, which included the update to the 2016 LM-GTE regulations and also the change from Michelin to Dunlop tires. The LM GTE Am in the FIA WEC and the two Aston Martin used in the GTE class in the European Le Mans Series also received this update for the 2017 season.
change-log / updates – reworked by SiGi :
Version 1.1 (January 2018) :
updates on internal cockpit :
– added my already reworked / converted cockpit from Vantage V8 GT2-GTE
– added door mirrors, steering wheel and motec from original version
– reworked carbon texture settings
– created new chassis
– created individual team banners
– reworked textures and settings for MoTeC *
* the original MoTeC by scorpyo is visually well done, bad sadly it cause in game heavy flickering because of the small display size and white lines and required render target – so i decided to deactivate the rpm bars, removed the Aston Martin logos and colored the lines and some parts darker – i also changed the sequence of the rpm LEDs so it looks now more realistic :
other updates :
– corrected steering wheel position
– added new backfire
– reworked texture settings for wheels
– corrected expo floor height
– reworked shadow and collision file
– added new damage file
– reworked CAS and CAR files
– added new ambient shadow by GTR233
– and some more i can’t remember…
Note for missing sounds :
this car use the same sounds like the Aston Martin Vantage V8 GT2-GTE.
i haven’t added this sounds into this package to save webspace.
if you haven’t installed this car yet you can get it here :
Aston Martin Vantage V8 GT2/GTE
Deinstall / Install Instructions :
i recommend always to DELETE FIRST any previous versions of this car / mod to prevent crashes / mismatches ! for that, navigate into your “GTR2\GameData\Teams\GRID_GT\…” directory and delete the complete folder “Aston Martin Vantage GTE Teams” – done.
to install, extract with WinRAR or else and drop the GameData folder into your GTR2 main-directory – allow to overwrite existing one with “YES ALL” – done. no original GTR2 files will be overwritten.
Recommended Addons for this mod :
– only for private, non-commercial use / entertainment
– use at your own risk
All copyrights belong to their respective owners.