GTL Conversion by philrob
GTR2 Conversion by Azagthoth
I thank philrob who kindly gave me the permission for the conversion of its GTL version to platforms GTR2 & Race07.
Track Infos from Wikipedia :
The Baku City Circuit is a motor racing street circuit located in Baku, Azerbaijan constructed near Baku Boulevard. A lap of the circuit is 6.003 kilometres (3.730 mi), making it the second-longest circuit on the Formula One calendar (after Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps). The inaugural Formula One race at the circuit was the 2016 European Grand Prix and its support events. A year later, in 2017, the circuit held the inaugural Azerbaijan Grand Prix. The event is organised by Baku City Circuit Operation Company.
In December 2013, Formula One President and CEO Bernie Ecclestone suggested that the race would be run in 2016 but later said that because the Korean Grand Prix organisers were in breach of contract, it would be moved to 2015. However, in July 2014 it was announced that the race’s debut would be delayed until 2016.
The six kilometre, anti-clockwise layout of the circuit was designed by circuit architect Hermann Tilke. The circuit was planned to start adjacent to Azadliq Square, then loop around Government House before heading west along a 1 km straight to the Palace of the Shirvanshahs and Maiden Tower. Here, the track was planned to have a narrow 7.6 m (25 ft) uphill traversal and then circle the Old City before opening up onto a 2.2 km (1.4 mi) stretch along Neftchilar Avenue back to the start line. The circuit was projected to be the fastest street circuit in the world, with a top speed close to 360 km/h and the second longest circuit on the current F1 calendar behind the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium.
Conversion & improvements :
– LOD created by philrob
– added rain reflections
I know some other things are still missing, I will try to complete it.
Please notify if you miss something, I only tested it in time attack.
Do not forget to thank also the original author philrob, without his work of realization, this circuit would not be available.
SimBin for GTR2
philrob : converted Marek Adamus rFactor Baku track to GTL with these modifications in 2017 :
– lowered/removed shadows
– changed numerous object lods
– removed many HAT=TRUE settings from objects
– removed lots of incorrect object COLLISION settings
– new track lighting
– new skies
– material names changed to GTL standard
– GDB, AIW and TRK files changed to GTL standard
– new loading screen
– added grid walk
– added GTL start/pit lights
– road grids now effect car (slightly)
– eased back some concrete barriers (had been giving AI a hard time)
– new road textures, to match RFE enhanced RF1 version(lighter)
– added GTL bump and specs to roads
– changed horizon
– Bias changes
– added GTL track groove alpha, as it did not exist in RF version.
i have set max AI to 20 the AIW says more but they are more stable at 20, you could raise this.
better FPS and smoother running now, but could still be improved, 3d models are very heavy.
updates July 2017 :
– some road materials renamed
– TRK file road marking collisions and heights changed, no more bumpy corners and odd lumps on straight.
– Track and Rumbles bump and lengths frequency changed
– some road marking removed
– opened all garage doors
– further changes to TRK,AIW and GDB files
– added Losch’s AIW for better AI behaviour
– amended TRK file with Losch’s extra tree removal, for better FPS