Conversion of DTM 2005 FG Mod for rFactor by Qwerty2442
GTR2 Conversion and updates by kk08 (v1.2)
heavily revised for GTR2 by SiGi (v2.0, January 2020)
Engine Sounds by sid93 (DTM 2002 v3.5 Mod) and TCMT (DTM 2007 Mod from rFactor)
Championship Infos from Wikipedia :
The 2005 Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters was the nineteenth season of premier German touring car championship and also sixth season under the moniker of Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters since the series’ resumption in 2000. The number of race weekends were increased from 10 events in 2004 to eleven in 2005 (although 2004 had eleven events including the non-championship race at Shanghai). Originally each track hosted one race each with the exception of Hockenheimring (two races, premier and finale), but when Avignon lost their race, EuroSpeedway also hosted two events.
Version 2.0 – reworked by SiGi for eSport-Racing.de, January 2020 :
changes on all models (Audi’s, Mercedes and Opel) :
– reworked many gmt texture settings
– created / reworked some textures
– renamed material names to prevent conflicts
– created missing cockpit chassis (hood parts will now shown full and correctly)
– corrected internal mirror glasses (left/right and dimension is now displayed correctly)
– re-centered and increased steering wheels so that the driver’s hands fit properly
– reworked Motecs with new RPM LEDs and warning lights
– created all lights completely new and reworked light textures
– merged lights parts with chassis
– separated rear wing parts from chassis
– added missing wipers and antennas to external body
– corrected only partly visible, external steering wheels
– added new shadow and collision files
– added working rain and dirtscreens
– reworked backfire
– corrected caliper and discglow positions
– reworked .CAS files
– reworked / corrected many values in .CAR files
– added better ambient shadow texture by GTR233
– added and adjusted damage file
– reworked some .aud files and added alternative engine sounds (from DTM 2007 rFactor Mod by TCMT) *
– added individual driver helmets
– and a lot more that I can’t remember …
* the old DTM 2002 sound files are still included in the car folders (aud) if you don’t like the newer ones.
how to change .aud (sound) files – here an example for the Audi A4 :
1. first rename the original .aud file (for example to “AUDI04_backup.aud”)
2. copy the “AUDI04_DTM2002.aud” file from the aud folder and paste it into the car folder
3. rename the “AUDI04_DTM2002.aud” to “AUDI04.aud” – done.
kk08 released also some skins for the 2004 and 2006 seasons here
i haven’t included them because it seems there are some teams and cars missing, like the ABT Audi TT-R 2003 and Opel Astra V8 Coupé 2003. Both models are already available as independent mods for GTR2, but must first be adapted to the 2005 mod.
the 2006 teams, on the other hand, can simply be added – but you still have to adapt the .car files to my changes so that everything is displayed correctly.
you can use my updated version and publish it with your changes as long this Readme file is included.
Installation Instructions :
DELETE FIRST any previous version of this mod as i have renamed the model folders. navigate to “GTR2\GameData\Teams\…” directory and delete the folder “DTM 2005” if this exists.
to install :
extract the .rar file with WinRAR or similar unpacker and copy-paste the GameData folder to
your GTR2 main directory – allow to overwrite all existing folders / files with “YES ALL” – done.
No original GTR2 files will be overwritten.