Track created by Eric Tozer (ennisfargis)
Track Infos :
Welcome to the High Speed Ring. One of the most iconic fictional racetracks of the Gran Turismo series, appearing in almost every game.
Initially built for rFactor & now converted to GTR2.
Based on the track from the great Playstation Game – Gran Turismo 4.
It isn’t an exact replica but I did my best try & capture the feel of the GT4 game within reasonable time constraints.
I have had numerous emails asking for a conversion to GTR2 & GTR Evo.
I haven’t spent as much time on this conversion as I would like.
I have to move on to other projects so I have released what I have so far.
It is very drivable but there are some issues with shadows & lights not appearing correctly.
As I said I have to move on so am unlikely to do anymore updates to this track.
It would be a waste for me not to release anything at all due to a few glitches so here it is.
For best results run with all detail settings on maximum.
The AI is ok but not great and they can be a little slow getting out of some corners.
Version 1.1 :
– fixed Pace Car
LOD by FrankyBB & die_Locke
Version 1.2 :
Unofficial Update to HSR (originally a private request).
~Collision Targets changed around the circuit – invisible barriers removed, barriers and bridges now targets.
~Re-assignment of textures that had turned white especially in pit area.
~Original Track “High Speed Ring v1.1” – all credits to original track contributors:
ennisfargis, Piddy, Krunch, Chub Pearson, jay_p_666, Madcowie.
Installation Instructions :
extract the .rar file with WinRAR or similar unpacker and drop the
track-folder into your GTR2\GameData\Locations\…directory – done.
Thanks to :
– “Piddy” for Bobs Track Builder.
– “Krunch” for the Skybox.
– “Chub Pearson” for the “Old UK advertising” xpack.
– “jay_p_666” for the “Great Britain” xpack.
– “Madcowie” for some good advice.
– Everyone at the Racedepartment forums http://forum.racedepartment.com for lots of help, advice & encouragement along the way.
– RaceDepartment – http://www.racedepartment.com
– Race Sim Central – http://www.rscnet.org
– ISI for rFactor – http://www.rfactor.net
– Sony for the Playstation & especially
– Polyphony for the Gran Turismo Series
Thankyou for trying out my track.
If you have any comments or want to use any objects, textures etc. from this track, please email me at email@example.com
This track is intended for private use only.
For use in any commercial projects please contact me first.