[WIP] Alpha Version
Iowa Speedway is a 7/8-mile (1.4 km) paved oval motor racing track in Newton, Iowa, United States, approximately 30 miles (48 km) east of Des Moines. The track was designed with influence from Rusty Wallace and patterned after Richmond International Raceway, a short track where Wallace was very successful. It has over 25,000 permanent seats as well as a unique multi-tiered Recreational Vehicle viewing area along the backstretch.
The track opened in September 2006 with the Soy Biodiesel 250, won by Woody Howard, for the USAR Hooters Pro Cup Four Champions playoff. The Indy Racing League announced a race there on June 24, 2007, the Iowa Corn Indy 250, which was won by Dario Franchitti, who barely nipped Marco Andretti at the finish line. The track has secured a combined NASCAR Camping World East–West race where results will count towards both series’ championships. That race delivered a dramatic battle between 17-year-old Joey Logano from the Busch East Series, who defeated Daytona 500 champion Kevin Harvick, 1998 West Series champion, who represented the West Series at the end of the race. The track was awarded a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and a Nationwide Series race in 2009.
Virtual Track Features :
– Just an oval at this point. Pit entrance, exits, start/finish lines all seem to be correctly set.
On April 21st 2007, the Iowa Speedway hosted the Grand Am Cup Koni Challenge. There were two races in ST and GS classes. This track is a WIP, but is intended to eventually be the version of the road course used on that day. This track was scratch-built by Mark Royer. It’s been converted to GTR2 by Curbfeeler, but no infield course has been assembled in this version.
– Infield course has not been created
– Tire barriers, emergency vehicles have not been placed for road course
– AIW file is present, but not great
– CAM file is present, but not great
– Garage doors are all closed but two. Would be ideal to have working garages
– There are lots of people milling around the infield. Most should probably be removed so you can drive to the garages
– Extract to your GameData\Locations\Iowa
– Track created by Mark Royer
– Converted to Oval by Dan Myers aka Curbfeeler
– LOD by So-Cal-Racing
Original N2003 ReadMe included for all the work done on the track before the conversion to rFactor.
email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions/comments.