GTR2 Conversion and revised by der Dumeklemmer
Killarney Motor Racing Complex was build from the scratch for Race07 by respawned.
He kindly gave me his permission to convert this beautiful track to GTR2.
A very BIG “Thank you so much” for this kind offer!
– My biggest respect for his fantastic work –
Pls. notice the original Race07-Release Notes in this archive.
We’re offering the result of all our working hours to all of you free of charge but we ask for one single fee from your side:
Pls. give a little respect to all these working hours all of us spend for free for your entertainment!
This project is a “take it as it is, or leave it”-release, pls. see EULA for more detailed information.
Track Infos from Wiki :
In 1959/60 the track was upgraded and rebuilt to conform to the required FIA standard for the 1500 cc Formula One cars of the time. The design was entrusted to Edgar Hoal, a leading racing driver and roads engineer, who also supervised its construction.
The Western Cape then had its first taste of international Formula One racing when the non-championship Cape Grand Prix was held at Killarney on 1 January 1960, and was won by Stirling Moss in a Porsche. Since then the complex has grown to include every facet of circuit motorsport. So much so that Killarney currently hosts all forms of main circuit racing, as well as motocross, karting, super motards, stock cars and drag racing.
Virtual Track Features :
– Working Start-/PitIn-/Pitoutlight
– Animated marshals
– Full featured GTR2 AIW for 36 cars and pacecar
– respawnedfor his Race07 scratch build
– DutchDevil for getting me started in conversion issues
– MotorfX and Greybrad for their kind AIW guidance
– Dumeklemmerin for her patience and understanding.
..and all the guys I’m in contact due to conversion issues.
Version 1.2 – 2012-10-03 :
– closes all “open” walls
– added collwall to prevent “fall of the scene”
– changed raceday to November (south hemiphere got Winter in July)
Version 1.1 – 2012-10-02 :
– new AIW due to Gameserver-crash issue
Version 1.02 – 2012-09-27 :
– fix for CTD bug
Version 1.01 – 2012-09-26 :
– fix of garage positions as reported by FrankyBB
Version 1.0 – 2012-09-26 :
– initial GTR2 version