GTR2 Conversion by derDumeklemmer
Tommy Rustad marked his great northern F1C tracks as “Beta, feel free to complete it”.
– My biggest RESPECT for his kind efforts –
Since I love(ed) MoIRana and Knustorp I took a look into his Kinnekulle version also.
So I’ve finished the GTL version back in 2007, at that time GOBI converted my GTL version to GTR2.
In 05/2012 FrankyBB, head of Pilsbierbude.de, informed me that GOBI’s version kills the GTR2-Dediservers by random.
Since GOBI left the RacingSIM world he asked me to create a new, bugfree version… so I did (hopefully)…
This version includes the fantastic texture update by Culmone67 !
Track Infos from racingcircuits.info :
Kinnekulle Ring is located at Sweden, Götene, near to Vanern lake; Lidköping and Mariestad are the biggest population centres nearby. Trollhättan-Vänersborg Airport is the closest to the circuit, just over an hour’s drive away, offering connections to Stockholm. Gothenburg Airport is likely the best bet for international visitors, though is nearly two hours from the circuit.
By road, the circuit is roughly mid-way between Lidköping and Mariestad. From Lidköping, take Route 44 towards Mariestad. At the roundabout in Götene follow signs for Kinnekulle Ring. From Stockholm or Gothenburg: Exit from E20 towards Uddevalla Road 44. Drive about 3 km, at the roundabout follow signs for Kinnekulle Ring.
Sweden’s Kinekulle Ring is an undulating blast round a natural bowl, which provides plenty thrills for drivers and good viewing opportunities for spectators. In a fairly remote part of southern Sweden it has only once hosted any international racing but has carved out a successful life as venue for national and club racing, alongside a wide programme of driver training.
Virtual Track Features:
– Full working Start-/PitIn-/PitOutlight
– Full working .AIW for GTR2 (incl. Pace car)
– Animated marshals around the track
– Rain Reflections
– Tommy Rustad for his original F1C verison
– Culmone67 for his amazing texture artwork
– Luigi for his fantastic TV-CAMs
– Mc_Wolf for his perfect animated Marshals
– Greybrand for reviewing the AIW
– FrankyBB and BlackHawk2LW for loading screens
– Dave Noonan for 3DSimed, which was used extensively for this conversion.
– Dumeklemmerin for her patience and understanding.
Version 1.1 – 2012-06-01:
– new GTR2 conversion based on the GTL version V1.1