GTR2 Conversion by Mikec87
Release date : 10th October 2012
Special thanks to Sunlap for this conversion.
Track Infos from Wiki :
Lakeside Park, formerly known as Lakeside International Raceway is a motor racing circuit located in Kurwongbah, Moreton Bay Region, Queensland, Australia. It is 30 km (18.6 mi) north of Brisbane, and lies adjacent to Lake Kurwongbah.
The circuit is known as the spiritual home of Queensland motorsport and was built by volunteers and borrowed machinery in the 1960s. The 2.41 km (1.50 mi) circuit opened in 1961 and was closed in mid-2001. The circuit reopened on 5 April 2008, with a race meeting held the following day.
The circuit was the venue for a wide range of racing series including the Australian Grand Prix on two occasions, the Australian Touring Car Championship, the Australian Superbike Championship and the Tasman Series, playing host to such names as Jim Clark, Jackie Stewart, Jack Brabham, Graham Hill and Chris Amon.
Virtual Track Infos :
Standing start works best. AIW file needs help. So if you can, please do ! Representations of Lakeside International Raceway are granted under licence from Queensland Raceways Holdings Pty Ltd, 2009.
The name Lakeside Park, Lakeside International Raceway, Lakeside raceway are owned by Queensland Raceways. I have exclusive licence for naming and likeness for 10 years. This track is now leased for 40 years which is great as the track was going to be demolished to make way for housing. It has just undergone a $2.5m facelift.
This is a scratch built using Bob’s Track Builder, 3DSimEd and 3Ds Max 8.0 and Photoshop CS4.
This track is accurate as possible as of the 11/11/09
Thanks to the following people :
John Tetley, CEO of Queensland Raceways Holdings Pty Ltd
Brendan Pywell for Bob’s Track Builder
ISI for rFactor and quite a few textures
Changes from Version 1.0 :
– All new control tower, Lakeside room and various other buidling and structures around the track
– Track widened by up to 5 meters in places
– New pit garages
– New grass textures
– Approx 45,000 less polys
– All new armco fences and textures
– Lots of little improvements
Still to do :
– Add lots of little details like signs, flags etc.
– Complete revamping version 1.000 to represent mid 1980s ATCC
– AI needs agjusting
– Power poles and lines
– Correct tree locations and images from tree at the track
– Bumps in track. There are lots of bumps and undulations that are not as prominant at the real track. It gives a bit of charactor and is fun
– Unknown performance on lower end machines. Runs great under Vista, W7 and XP in DX9
– May have a longish load time
– Some AI cars do not like the ripple strips
– No start lights. This is a club day track
– Small feilds, about 25 max.
– Will update AIW file as time goes on
There is no part of this track that can be modded or updated without permission.
There will be versions for GTL, GTR Evo down the track and I look forward to further updates and improvements as time goes by.
Please, I do accept constructive critisizm, not destructive.