Mod created by Nucleon, Alexi & Daniel
– Nucleon for all the work on the 3d-models
– Hanni89 for rims and steering wheel
– Meggi for textures
– Oversteer for textures
– Zmlee for textures and template
– Simbin for some physics files, i have modified
– FJR for textures
– Alexi99 for pushing and Grand Am Version
– GTI-Heizer for developing the 3d-model materials
– racer11 for the Speedsource Cars
– jml74 for the Grand-Am Dempsey and Grand-Am Racers Edge Cars
– 71GTo for many detail work in the physik and cas-Files
Car Infos from Wikipedia :
The RX-8 has been campaigned and used in various racing series by privateers. It has seen a considerable amount of success, the most prominent of which being the 2008 and 2010 24 Hours of Daytona GT-class wins campaigned by SpeedSource Race Engineering. This victory also marks the 23rd endurance race win at Daytona by a Mazda rotary-powered race car. While the cars are powered by the 20B rotary engines, the car is in fact built on a tube frame chassis and not on the production car.
Other racing series include the KONI Challenge Series in the Street Tuner class. In the UK, the RX-8 featured in the Mazda sponsored “Formula Women” series (2004), which involved all women drivers with slightly modified RX-8s, and the RX-8 was also run successfully in the Britcar series endurance races (2005/2006). In Belgium, Mazda are currently sponsoring an RX-8 silhouette racer in the GT series. The car also won the IMSA Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge in 2005.
The RX-8 has been used occasionally for professional drifting, with drivers like Masao Suenaga from Japan, “Mad” Mike Whiddet from New Zealand, and Kyle Mohan from the USA choosing the develop the chassis each to suit their own goals.
!!Please delete any previous version!!
Unzip the files to a temp folder – then copy the GameData
folder into your GTR2/ directory. Say “YES” to overwrite.
thanks, Alexi & Daniel