GTR2 Conversion by derDumeklemmer
Mid America was originally created for SCGT by Porsche Guy from the scratch.
MY BIGGEST RESPECT FOR THIS KIND WORK.
Is was converted to rFactor by Bud Lucas and Andy55.
PorscheGuy and Bud Lucas gave the permisson for the conversion to the SimBin-SIMs.
Pls. notice the original rF-Readme incl. in the archive.
Track Infos from Wiki :
Mid America Motorplex, now renamed Raceway Park of the Midlands (RPM), is an Alan Wilson-designed road circuit in the Omaha – Council Bluffs metropolitan area, in Plattville Township, Mills County, just outside Pacific Junction, Iowa. This facility includes a 2.23 mile road course and a 1/8-mile drag strip, known as I29 Dragway. It is a relatively safe track for people to learn to drive their cars at high-performance driving events. It is low-speed course (most cars under 300 bhp); maximum speeds are around 120 mph (190 km/h) with cornering speeds around 50 mph (80 km/h), with the exception of Turn 4 which is a fairly fast left-hander at around 80–100 mph.
There is a motorbike school at the track as well as most local car clubs such as the PCA-run driving education sessions and BMW Iowa Chapter driving schools.
Mid-America Motorplex has also served as a concert venue. It served as the venue for River Riot 2012, hosted by KIWR, which featured Incubus, Shinedown, Five Finger Death Punch, After the Fall and Emphatic. It also served as the venue for Knotfest on August 17, 2012, which featured Slipknot, Deftones, and Serj Tankian.
Virtual Track Infos :
I’ve done the conversion of Bud’s rF-version to GTL in Jan. 2007 and love the flow of this nice track. Since the initial Meshwork and it’s textures came a bit into ages I decided to rework this version and publish it for the popular SimBin plattforms (GTL/GTR2/EVO) in Jan 2009. Nearly everything is re-modeled/-mapped/-textured except the trees. Not only the full layout is featured, but the 1.4 mile “D-Curve”-layout introduced in 2005 also.
Hope you like the result as much as I do. If not, pls. don’t complain, it’s free of charge nobody forces you to use it.
The logo-bridges use some banners of the communities I’m active in. In case you don’t like these banners pls. fee free to drop the files from “AlternateBanners” to the main folder to use different banners.
– Working Start-/PitIn-/Pitoutlights
– Animated marshals&spectators
– Rain Reflections
– Ingame .BIK videos
– Photo flashes
– Full featured GTL AIW for 36 cars
– Multi texture environment mapping
– PorscheGuy for the original SCGT track
– Bud Lucas, and Andy55 for the rF version
– MonSum for permission to use his photo flashes
– Luigi for TV-CAMs
– DutchDevil for getting me started in conversion issues
– MotorfX and Greybrad for their kind AIW guidance
– Brendon Pywell for Bob`s track buider
– Dave Noonan for 3dSimEd&Trkmaker
– ISI for rFactor, the Gmotor2 engine and the documentation about
– SimBin for all the great SIMs
– The Blender foundation for Blender project
– My girlfriend for her patience and understanding.
..and all the guys I’m in contact due to conversion issues.
– no nightlights yet, but fair visibility at night
ADDITIONAL NOTES :
We’re offering the result of all our working hours free of charge, but we ask for one single fee from the user…
Pls. give a little respect to all these working hours spent by everybody involved in this version:
This project is a “take it as it is, or leave it”-release. Pls. see EULA for more detailed information.
Version 2.02 – 2009-03-01 :
– fixed problem with missing lapcount during pitstops
Version 2.0 – 2009-01-02 :
– complete rebuild for GTR2
Version 1.0 – 2007-01-15 :
– inital release for GTL
have a lot of fun with this nice track,