GTR2 Conversion by Goresh
Addon : Craftsman Truck Series
EA Sports for the original Game “Nascar – Chase for the Cup 2005”
Championship Infos from Wikipedia :
The NASCAR Cup Series is the top racing series of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR). The series began in 1949 as the Strictly Stock Division, and from 1950 to 1970 it was known as the Grand National Division. In 1971, when the series began leasing its naming rights to the R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, it was referred to as the NASCAR Winston Cup Series (1971–2003).
A similar deal was made with Nextel in 2003, and it became the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series (2004–2007). Sprint acquired Nextel in 2005, and in 2008 the series was renamed the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (2008–2016). In December 2016, it was announced that Monster Energy would become the new title sponsor and the series was renamed the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (2017–2019). In 2019, NASCAR rejected Monster’s offer to extend the current naming rights deal beyond the end of the season. NASCAR subsequently announced it’s move to a new tiered sponsorship model beginning with the 2020 season similar to other U.S. based professional sports leagues and will now be known as the NASCAR Cup Series. The four Premier Partners are Busch Beer, Coca-Cola, GEICO, and Xfinity.
read here for specific 2005 championship infos
Mod Description :
Heres the 2005 Nextel Series for you’s to enjoy.
I am not a physics guru by any means, so if anyone feels the need to update feel free to.
No permissions are needed to make any changes.
I want to thank those that supplied feedback.
updates by SiGi, December 2019
I’ve made some adjustments / fixes for this old mod as follows :
Version 1.2 – 29.12.2019
updates for all models
– internal cockpit position corrected *
– created new cockpit chassis *
– added damage file *
– reworked CAS file *
– reworked material settings for driver helmet and corrected wrong mirrored textures
– added steering linkage and added better fitting texture for external steering wheel
– corrected expo height
– deleted unused (already existing) files from Nextel_Talent.gtr
* hood view is now right and detachable parts will now be shown correctly after collision
Version 1.1 :
– added new, animated external steering wheels for all models and placed them to the right position
– reworked .car files and corrected / improved the following values :
* driver position, eyepoint, camera, hood view, steering wheel axis, shift stick, feets on pedals,
* digital and analogue displays, tank trim and exhaust smoke positions.
– added new ambient car shadows with higher resolution, created by GTR233 (from GTR2 HQ Mods Colleciton)
– corrected backfire position for Dodge and Ford model
– re-saved collision and shadow gmt files correctly
– corrected material settings for body1 parts
– updated .gdb file
– small adjustments on .aud file (sounds) and position
– added original Templates inclusive Painting Tutorial by EA Sports
– updated ReadMe file
the driving physics was mainly for oval anti-clockwise racing created – if you drive the cars on normal courses you will notice that the vehicles pull a little to the left.
Installation Instructions :
extract the .rar file with WinRAR or similar unpacker and copy-paste the GameData folder to
your GTR2 main directory – allow to overwrite all existing folders / files with “YES ALL” – done.
No original GTR2 files will be overwritten.
– only for private, non-commercial use / entertainment
– use at your own risk
All copyrights belong to their respective owners.
5 Thoughts to “Nextel Cup Series 2005 v1.2”
It would a great mod if the Physics were fixed. They are not driveable as of now.
is there a template for this mod?
yes, i have those templates on my disc and will add them here in a few days 😉
many thanks, esR-Reporter