Mod created by Scarface
Mod Infos :
The basic car (Dodge/Chrysler Viper GTS-R) comes from SimBin Development Team AB. I have optimized and adjusted the whole thing, to a GT3 version. I’m not a big fan of the GT3 class (mainly for BoP reasons), but wanted to built a unique car that fits into the category.
Things done by me :
• Optimized materials and material settings for better graphics.
• Proper splitter, wing and diffuser have been built.
• A bit of a different cockpit.
• Created whole new physics for the car, suspension, aerodynamics, dimensions etc.
• New engine and gearbox.
• Changed tyre parameters, didn’t raise the grip of the tires, but optimized the physical radius and width.
• Added the Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 tire model, with a different grip and wear level than others.
• The front wheels have the same diameter as the rear ones, to prevent the splitter egdes from scratching the ground in corners.
I have done a lot of time consuming research of the real Viper GTS-R and did my best to get the car to the standards I like. I searched for everything possible to get the car’s real specs, implemented them into the game and adjusted them to GT3 levels.
Also a lot of testing on a many different tracks and development went into this mod, since the idea of it in 2009. I expect the needed respect for this mod and don’t want to see any work of mine getting messed up.
The car’s virtual specifications are :
• Dodge 356-T6 8386 ccm 90° V10 2 valve OHV
• 565 bhp @ 6250 rpm
• 826 Nm @ 3800 rpm
• A dry weight of 1250 kg.
• Ratios to around 300 kph.
• A rev range from 6400 to 7000 rpm.
• Tire sizes of F: 295/705 x18 and R: 325/705 x18.
• A wheelbase of 2500 mm and a track of F: 1655 mm and R: 1625 mm. The supsension dimensions/positions are fixed, to get them as real as possible.
• Undertray parameters, which should match the real car by 95% (95% because of the splitter, diffusor and floor changes).
Known Bugs :
• There are no new bugs that I know of. Only that one bug that comes with GTR2, which is the bad behaviour of the transparent parts, when lights shine on them. In case of the Viper, these are the rocker panels, areas around the lights in the front bumper and on the back of the car.
• To use the mod, simply extract the GameData folder to your GTR2 folder and let things be overwritten.
• Make sure that you keep the original folders in the .zip file, to get everything to work properly (diagrams etc.).
• The used sounds are all GTR2 standards with a few .aud file adjustments, so no complicated researches are needed.
• Nothing of any original game content will be overwritten.
• You can find the car in game where the original Viper GTs-R can be found (Chrysler Viper GTS-R and American Muscle), otherwise simply change the class line.
• Templates are NOT included. This is a one-off project. One car built, one paint job. This car is dedicated to a dear family member, that passed away long time ago. That’s why I don’t want it to be changed in any way.
• In case your machine is not strong enough to handle the 4096x…. .dds files, I recommend to turn off the high-res textures in the graphics menu, or simply delete the ULTRA_TEX.GTR in the car’s folder.
I am not responsible for any damage or malfunction on your soft- and/or hardware.
You alone are responsible for that and take the risk, if you install this mod.
I don’t want to see any conversion to other games and/or platforms without my permission!
Respect my work and don’t do anything you would regret, if you wouldn’t sit in front of a computer screen.
Thank you for downloading this mod.
© Andy “Scarface” Doerffer 2014
Reinhard Macha – * 04.11.1959 † 11.08.1997
You will never be forgotten, buddy.