Road Atlanta ALMS (Petit Le Mans) 2007-2009
Track converted from rFactor to GTR2 by Fool_Injection – updated and revised by motorFX and Cammel
Original Track created / converted for F1 Challenge 99-02 by unknown author(s)
Converted to rFactor by Ewan ‘Uzzi’ Chalker
Textures and objects done by Thunderchild
New Texture Map Road_Atlanta_2007 version.1.0 (GTR2 SimBin)
High-resolution Map textures by culmone67
Thanks Ewan ‘Uzzi’ and Thunderchild
Track Infos from Wikipedia :
Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta is a 2.54-mile (4.088 km) road course located just north of Braselton, Georgia, United States. The facility is utilized for a wide variety of events, including professional and amateur sports car and motorcycle races, racing and driving schools, corporate programs and testing for motorsports teams. The track has 12 turns, including the famous “esses” between turns three and five; and Turn 12, a downhill, diving turn. The track is owned by IMSA Holdings, LLC through its subsidiary Road Atlanta, LLC, and is the home to the Petit Le Mans, as well as AMA motorcycle racing, and smaller events throughout the year. Michelin acquired naming rights to the facility in 2018.
In 1969, David Sloyer, Earl Walker, and Arthur Montgomery purchased a 750 acres (300 ha) plot of farmland in Braselton, Georgia, with the intent to build a world-class road racing facility. When a Can-Am race had to be canceled due to flood damage, the series organizers chose Road Atlanta to replace it. The track then began to take form quickly, taking only six months to excavate, grade, and pave the road course.
Version 1.0 :
– added GTR2 type start and pit lights
– updated tyrewall and track sections so objects seperated from large gmts to help FPS
– added animated marshalls, adapted and remodelled fences to accomodate some
– made and added water reflections
– roads now using GTR2 spec maps
– AIW has wet path added
– GDB file and the trk file, now rewritten with corrected lighting and done to GTR2 standards also to add more objects and rain etc.
– removed uneccessary objects, remoddelled pit wall so aiw can leave the garages section without crashing into wall
Version 1.1 (9/09) :
– updated textures
– added some extra objects, odd banners, crowd and tents etc.
– moved pit wall a bit further, for some cars catching it when returning to pit
– correct sponsors on start bridge
ALMS team trucks are done by colvin35, scene lighting is my preferred, but can easily be changed but the altered lat and north to match real circuit by Terry, made some slight adjusment to shadows to suit.
Version 1.2 :
– removed bump on start-finish line
Thanks to Ken for this track and Cammel for the updates and repairs!
updates by SiGi for eSport-Racing.de (April 2019) :
– updated ReadMe file and changed Venue Name in .gdb file