– Original Beta 0.5 rFactor track by HongkFui (Simracing.es)
– V1 & conversion by Paulmarc
Years ago Jose Sanz (aka HongkFui) from Simracing.es released a beta (0.5) and unfinished Cartagena track for rFactor. He has given me permission to finish this track and its conversion to Simbin sims (Race07 & GTR2). HongkFui already did a superb job with the design of this track (proper elevation changes, road design and surrounding terrain). Thanks for this great track HongkFui!!
Changes from Beta v0.5 to v1.0 :
I have added the following changes to finish this track:
– adjusting and remapping textures to Simbin standards
– Surrounding mountains added, fog distance of the track adjusted, sun rise/set adjusted
– Brake markers added
– Pits area & paddock finished: adding the real fence in pits, audience, fire extinguishers, trucks and cars in paddock, pole lights in main parking, new palm trees, ambulance & fire truck placed at secodary paddock as they are located when races take place in the real track (still to do adding numbers at gates..probably in a future update).
– permanent banners added: most of the real banners have been placed in the proper locations.
– Pyramid object improved: changed color to white and proper height as it is nowadays.
– GP banners added: addition of other banners placed in the proper positions according to real races.
– Turn known as “Curva de la Palmera” (Palm Tree Turn) fully done: poles and flags, circuit logo placed on the ground-made of stones- as it is in the real track, done from scratch. New palm tree.
– Pits entry now shows the circuit logo with a chequered flag at both sides as it is in the real track.
– Light poles added (a couple of years ago the light poles were included in the real track to allow night racing).
– New cam file.
– AIW made from scratch. Lots of hours and testing here … (no more ai overturns as it happened in rFactor).
– Rain reflections, animated marshals, animated spectators.
– Time attack/time trial enabled.
– Rolling starts enabled.
– New LODs.
– Location of safety car fixed.
NOTES ABOUT THE GTR2 VERSION
All job & testing with this track has been made using RACE07. Then I made a straight conversion to GTR2, fixing the required things to make the track working in GTR2. AI has not been fully tested in GTR2. Anyway everything should work as in Race07.
Version 1.1 :
– new aiw – derDumelkemmer
– Pit lights & starting lights fixed.
– LOD in the GTR2 Style – die_Locke, FrankyBB