Daytona International Speedway including Road and Oval Course
Original Track created by James Burroughs for rFactor
GTR2 Conversion by RacerM
Virtual Track Infos :
First of all I want to acknowledge that this track was converted without permission from the original author Jason Burroughs. I have emailed him several times after talking to him initially but he has never given me a final answer on permission to convert to GTR2 and I have not heard back from him.
That being said this track was originally created by ISI for Rfactor as “Jacksonville”. Jason Burroughs, whom I have a great deal of respect for his talent remodeled the track entirely and created a new Jacksonville mimicing the Daytona track. His original readme in in this folder.
What I did :
– created the new Daytona Museum building, Grandstands, spectators the works.
– retextured all the adverts and signage to reflect a real and accurate Daytona Circuit
– added more tso, cars, people Ferris Wheel, fireworks.
– added crowdsounds and announcersounds to both tracks
– converted the tracks from Rfactor to GTR2
– fixed the lit at night problem, the tracks roads are now lit at night.
Version 2.51 – udpates on Daytona RC for the Rolex Daytona 24h 2006 Mod :
– adapted AIW, GDB and TRK files
(original files are stored in the “DaytonaRC\backup\…” folder if you want to set it back to default)
If you are one of those fortunate few peasants who got the previous version of this track please totally delete that version and install this one. DO NOT OVERWRITE!