Circuit de la Sarthe, Le Mans 24H 2004, Revived Edition
Track reworked by WiZPER
This version is based on Frank.55’s conversion made for GTR2, previously made by Silvain Glapa for NR2003.
Permission for this modification has been granted by Frank.55
Track Infos from Wiki :
The Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans, also known as Circuit de la Sarthe (after the 1906 French Grand Prix triangle circuit) located in Le Mans, Sarthe, France, is a semi-permanent motorsport race course chiefly known as the venue for the 24 Hours of Le Mans auto race. Comprising private, race-specific sections of track in addition to public roads which remain accessible most of the year, its present configuration is 13.626 kilometres (8.467 mi) long, making it one of the longest circuits in the world. Capacity of the race stadium, where the short Bugatti Circuit is situated, is 100,000. The Musée des 24 Heures du Mans is a motorsport museum located at the main entrance of the venue.
Up to 85% of the lap time is spent on full throttle, putting immense stress on engine and drivetrain components. However, the times spent reaching maximum speed also mean tremendous wear on the brakes and suspension as cars must slow from over 320 km/h (200 mph) to around 100 km/h (60 mph) for the sharp corner at the village of Mulsanne.
– – – – – – – – – – – Revived Features – – – – – – – – – – –
This has been an on/off project, and I have no list of all the fixed/improvements.
A few of the main tweaks are however:
* Rain-reflections added
* Better surface-physics (now feels like they look)
* HAT-polycount decreased to less that 50% (faster loading and better performance, especially with AIs)
* Lots of new textures
* Extensive new treeline
* X-Sector fixes – no more loosing a lap
* FlickerFree HUD/Cockpit (entire track has been offset to fit ‘world-center’ – use included devfiles )
* Tested with 50 AIs @ acceptable FPS
* New CAMs done by Mayo, thanx.
* Selectable level of detail: Medium disables treeshadows, Low disables also Light-Glows (except REDs)
* 50/100/150/300 -signs now has a night-reflection look to them, making them easier to see
* Gravelpits will slow vehicle down faster to avoid fatal crashes, you may however need to use the clutch to get back on track
* Cones are no longer moveable, however they WILL effect the handling of you car.
* Roadblocks and invisible walls added to prevent driver from trackexit into free space
– – – – – – – – – – – Regarding Flickering – – – – – – – – – – –
By my experience, the optimal way to remove or limit flickering on this circuit is by using the defviews.cam
file included, which is to be copied to \GTR2\UserData\
And in game-options for graphics/video choose the FULL-settings defaults. Otherwise play around with settings.
This is NOT a quarantied method, but it did remove flicker for several people, lets hope you can be added
to the list. You will however, properly still get some when in TV-mode or Swing-cam – I have NOT gone thru
all the settings for each of these CAMs, be my guest…
This track is now useable for actual 24 Hour events, which was done succesfully allready in 2007 – Prior to
this event we found that several issues had to be fixed, and this is now the outcome as we are closing up
to our 2008-event. Hope you all enjoy the track, and a big thank goes to all who have helped testing and
pointing out bug and solutions. And ofcourse to Sylvain Glapa and Frank.55 for all their work.
– – – – – – – – – – – Install – – – – – – – – – – –
drop the LM24HRE folder into your GTR2\GameData\Locations directory – done.