GTR2 Conversion by Mr_DutchDevil
Track Infos from Wiki :
The Grand Prix of Long Beach is an IndyCar Series race held on a street circuit in Long Beach, California. Christopher Pook is the founder of the event. It was the premier race on the CART/Champ Car calendar from 1996 to 2008, and the 2008 race was the final Champ Car series race prior to the formal unification and end of the open-wheel “split” between CART and IRL. Since 2009, the race has been part of the unified IndyCar Series. For most of its history, the race has traditionally been held in April. It is one of the longest continuously-running events in Indy car racing, and with its rich history, is considered one of the most prestigious events on the circuit.
The Long Beach Grand Prix is the longest running major street race held in North America. It started in 1975 as a Formula 5000 race, and became a Formula One event in 1976. Incredibly, in an era when turbocharged engines were starting to come to prominence in Formula One, Long Beach remains one of the few circuits used from the time Renault introduced turbos in 1977 until the last Long Beach Grand Prix in 1983 that never once saw a turbo-powered car take victory.
Virtual Track Infos :
This track was made originaly for the GP 79 mod for rFactor and is now converted to GTR2 to have some fun with the GTR cars.
While fans of Formula 1 on America’s east coast could always visit Watkins Glen, the people of California had nothing. In what represents the most successful experiment in taking racing to the masses, The idea of staging a race in the shadow of the Queen Mary liner was the brainchild of Englishman Chris Pook, who created a spectacle of racing that revitalised a run-down city and gave F1 a much needed showcase.
– AIW fully working in GTR 2
– Rain reflections
– animated marshals around the track
– Fully workign Spec and bump map and multi texturing
Fixed + new in Version 2.0 :
– Problem with black mipmapping in the distance solved
– Pit in and out path smoothed no more slow downs when cars try to enter or exit the pit
– New roadtextures by Thunderchild
– Start lights now have a proper sequence
– Clipping of objects corrected
Fixed in Version 1.1:
– problem with the pacecar starting in the wrong position now fixed
Just extract this rar to your GameData\Locations folder.
– Track made availible for GTR2 by DutchDevil
– Scratch-built, initial project by Tony and MotorFX
– The GP 79 mod team for making the track availible for rFactor