converted to GTR2 and revised by Bruno Gourdo
Original Circuit created by Codemasters for Race Driver Grid
Track Infos :
This is a fictional city course wich runs through the city of Milano, Italy.
included are 6 different variants / layouts :
– Milano Castello Circuit (2.216 mi / 3.567 km)
– Milano Castello Circuit Reverse (2.216 mi / 3.567 km)
– Milano Cathedral Loop (0.933 mi / 1.503 km)
– Milano Cathedral Loop Reverse (0.933 mi / 1.503 km)
– Milano City Grand Prix (3.022 mi / 4.865 km)
– Milano City Grand Prix Reverse (3.022 mi / 4.865 km)
Please note :
The original Milan tracks from “Grid” are not 100% accurate, they have shortened some distances, left out some landmarks and use many generic buildings. I couldn’t really change that. They’re still nice tracks and I think and they look real enough for somebody who has never been there.
GTR2 doesn’t support any of the gfx effects from “Grid”, not even the original spectators around the track. I tried to make the tracks a good looking, realistic and processor performance friendly as possible. There will always be room for further improvements, but after ca. 300 hours that I spent on these tracks, it’s time for me to stop. It was great fun doing these tracks, though.
Now what I did is :
– Added/ replaced all the trees, speakers, flags, walls, etc.
– Reduced polycount on buildings
– Added/ replaced and grouped poly reduced tirewalls for better FPS
– Added some recognizable buildings
– Sorted/ replaced / added some traffic signs and traffic lights
– Adjusted draw distances for better FPS
– Added FPS friendly spectator crowds
– Added flag marshals
– Added rain reflections
– Added crowd sounds and announcer sounds
– Made some new textures (adverts, trucks, shacks, etc. with Italian/ Milanese brands)
– Added shaders to grass and road textures
– Start lights, pit lights and Safety Car working
– Adjusted fuel consumption and AI performance
– Made new loading screens and track icons and maps for GTR2
The AI was optimized by Khan1670, thank you so much for that. All these tracks would have been doomed without his help. Additional material was taken or modified from Senormen’s rFactor version, many thanks for the pioneer work. The graphical trire grove on the track was created by BenMk1, nice work, thanks!
New in version 1.10 :
– area of pit speed limit corrected, race groove added.
Installation Instructions :
extract the .rar file with WinRAR or similar unpacker and drop the
track-folder into your GTR2\GameData\Locations\…directory – done.
– only for private, non-commercial use / entertainment
– use at your own risk
All copyrights belong to their respective owners.