GTR2 Conversion by Mojo66
A conversion from GTR Evolution to GTR2, with optimizations and small bug fixes by me.
– Original Track created by SimBin Development Team AB for GTR Evolution
– Luigi Auriemma (decrypt tool)
– Mr. Floppy (LOD)
Track Infos from Wiki :
The Nürburgring is a 150,000 person capacity motorsports complex located in the town of Nürburg, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. It features a Grand Prix race track built in 1984, and a much longer Nordschleife “North loop” track which was built in the 1920s around the village and medieval castle of Nürburg in the Eifel mountains. The north loop is 20.8 km (12.9 mi) long and has more than 300 metres (1,000 feet) of elevation change from its lowest to highest points. Jackie Stewart nicknamed the old track “The Green Hell”.
Originally, the track featured four configurations: the 28.265 km (17.563 mi)-long Gesamtstrecke (“Whole Course”), which in turn consisted of the 22.810 km (14.173 mi) Nordschleife (“North Loop”), and the 7.747 km (4.814 mi) Südschleife (“South Loop”). There also was a 2.281 km (1.417 mi) warm-up loop called Zielschleife (“Finish Loop”) or Betonschleife (“Concrete Loop”), around the pit area.
Several touring car series still compete on the Nordschleife, using either only the simple 20.8 km (12.9 mi) version with its separate small pit lane, or a combined 24.4 km (15.2 mi)-long track that uses a part of the original modern F1 track (without the Mercedes Arena section, which is often used for support pits) plus its huge pit facilities. Entry-level competition requires a regularity test (GLP) for street-legal cars. Two racing series (RCN/CHC and VLN) compete on 15 Saturdays each year, for several hours.
The annual highlight is the 24 Hours Nürburgring weekend, held usually in mid-May, featuring 220 cars – from small 100 hp (75 kW) cars to 700 hp (520 kW) Turbo Porsches or 500 hp (370 kW) factory race cars built by BMW, Opel, Audi, and Mercedes-Benz, over 700 drivers (amateurs and professionals), and up to 290,000 spectators.
included layouts :
– Nordschleife Tourist
– Nordschleife VLN
Important Notes – READ BEFORE INSTALLATION !
features available in GTR2 but absent from GTR Evo are not supported, i.e.:
– flickering objects when headlights are turned on
– no night lighting
the track comes as it was made for GTR Evo, i.e:
– very few shadow casters
– very few ambient objects (no camp fires etc)
– very few ambient sounds
– various scenery pop-ups all around the track
– AI drivers are slow or crash sometimes, probably due to different game physics
– fewer bumps than former conversions (the real track was re-surfaced earlier this year, improving lap times by ~13 sec)
– less graffiti than in other conversions, due to re-surfacing
INSTALL / DEINSTALL :
check first your GTR2\UserData\HAT\ folder and delete the following files if exist :
then extract with WinRAR or else and drop the NOS_2008 folder into your GTR2\GameData\Locations directory – done.
VERSION HISTORY :
– added loading screen by Mr. Floppy
– changed ambient lighting colors to be more in line with GTR2 (thanks to Fiasco)
– changed all shadow casters to be dynamic
– removed numerous fictitious ad banners
– (Tourist) fixed starting lights not visible from first row of the grid
– (VLN) fixed a bug that made the grass and sand traps on the GP track look wrong
– (VLN) added Coca-Cola-Kurve shortcut lap timer start
– fixed a bug that made cones collision objects
– fixed a bug that caused a CTD when exiting the track
– removed unreferenced models and textures
– the track should happily live together with other Nordschleife conversions
– Blacklisted hosting site(s): gtr4u.de
Only for private, non-commercial use / entertainment.
Do not convert to other platforms than SimBin.
Use at your own risk.
GTR Evolution © 2008 SIMBIN STUDIOS AB. Developed by SIMBIN DEVELOPMENT TEAM AB. Published by SIMBIN STUDIOS AB. All rights reserved. GTR Evolution is a trademark of SIMBIN STUDIOS AB. Atari and the Atari logo are trademarks owned by Atari Interactive, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners and used under license.
Official Webside :