revised by ilu2404
Simbin for the Original Track
Mojo66 for original conversion to GTR2
ISI for rfactor and the great AIW Editor
Matt Thompson and Colvin35 for their great Textures
Patr10t for great Feedback to fix the last known problems
Racingheaven for testing
Track Infos from Wikipedia :
The Nürburgring is a 150,000 person capacity motorsports complex located in the town of Nürburg, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. It features a Grand Prix race track built in 1984, and a much longer Nordschleife “North loop” track which was built in the 1920s around the village and medieval castle of Nürburg in the Eifel mountains. The north loop is 20.8 km (12.9 mi) long and has more than 300 metres (1,000 feet) of elevation change from its lowest to highest points. Jackie Stewart nicknamed the old track “The Green Hell”.
Originally, the track featured four configurations: the 28.265 km (17.563 mi)-long Gesamtstrecke (“Whole Course”), which in turn consisted of the 22.810 km (14.173 mi) Nordschleife (“North Loop”), and the 7.747 km (4.814 mi) Südschleife (“South Loop”). There also was a 2.281 km (1.417 mi) warm-up loop called Zielschleife (“Finish Loop”) or Betonschleife (“Concrete Loop”), around the pit area.
Several touring car series still compete on the Nordschleife, using either only the simple 20.8 km (12.9 mi) version with its separate small pit lane, or a combined 24.4 km (15.2 mi)-long track that uses a part of the original modern F1 track (without the Mercedes Arena section, which is often used for support pits) plus its huge pit facilities. Entry-level competition requires a regularity test (GLP) for street-legal cars. Two racing series (RCN/CHC and VLN) compete on 15 Saturdays each year, for several hours.
The annual highlight is the 24 Hours Nürburgring weekend, held usually in mid-May, featuring 220 cars – from small 100 hp (75 kW) cars to 700 hp (520 kW) Turbo Porsches or 500 hp (370 kW) factory race cars built by BMW, Opel, Audi, and Mercedes-Benz, over 700 drivers (amateurs and professionals), and up to 290,000 spectators.
The GTR2 EEC Version :
I’m proud to present you my first version of EEC Nordschleife VLN. The Track is based on the GTR Evolution Track and heavily improved.
Here are my improvements :
Version 1.01 (12.07.2014) :
– some AIW tweaks and fixes
Version 1.0 – initial release :
– new Point Zero to solve Flickering
– added a few spectators around the Track to give a little VLN Feeling
– Objects from Nurburgring 2011 placed on GP Track (Pit Area, Rollercoaster, Tribunes, etc.)
– opened Guardrail for correct pit entry
– cones adjusted for racing and Training
– adjusted LODS to improve Performance
– fixed Skyboxi and Horizon
– added dynamic Tree Shadows around the NOS
– added dynamic Shadows to a couple of other objects
– lowered Border on the inside of the Karrussel Turn
– new Textures:
Textures done by Matt Thompson (mattrix_6996) and Colvin35.
permission granted by Matt Thompson for release at EEC and Turn4Graphics.
– Offline Version supports 102 cars with 34 pit spots
==> 3 Starting Groups around the Track with each 34 cars
=====> Group 1: Start/Finish
=====> Group 2: after Karrussel
=====> Group 3: after Adenauer Forst
– to get a proper Race Start, SKIP THE FORMATION LAP!
Though the Track has a lot of big performance improvements, you still can get FPS Drops. These you can expect on Start/Finish, Conti-Spange and Fuchsroehre. But it’s less heavy than in all previous versions that are avaiable. To improve the performance on the NOS for yourself, I’ve done a lot of tests with different settings.
I recommend you to try this if you want to improve your Performance :
– Switch off Anti-Aliasing in graphics configuration -> big FPS Boost
-Set Shadows to HIGH instead to FULL to get the nice shadows be keeping the performance well
– Use the Virtual Mirror -> gives another few FPS
– Increase the Field of View in defviews.cam (see below) and adjust the FoV Multiplier ingame with CTRL+Left Mouse Button -> improves FPS a lot and gives a smoother Screen
– lower Special Effects and Light Effects
– use low detail settings for opponent cars
With my average computer I get pretty good results:
AMD Athlon X2 4800+, ATI Radeon HD4350 512 MB, 4 GB RAM, Resolution 1280×720
FPS on track: average 60 FPS
The defviews.cam allows you to do a couple of adjustments. You can try to use these Settings for your cockpit camera – make a backup of your own before. The file is stored in Userdata.
Open it with a simple text editor – for detailed infos see included ReadMe files.
Track Usage Offline:
– use flying Start and Skip Formation Lap
– When you’re looking to the Paddock Area in the Garage, drive to the right, around the pit building into the pitlane
– the Speedlimit in the Pits begins at the FIRST WHITE LINE!!!
Installation Instructions :
extract the .rar file with WinRAR or similar unpacker and drop the
track-folder into your GTR2\GameData\Locations\…directory – done.
– only for private, non-commercial use / entertainment
– use at your own risk
All copyrights belong to their respective owners.
GTR Evolution © 2008 SIMBIN STUDIOS AB. Developed by SIMBIN DEVELOPMENT TEAM AB. Published by SIMBIN STUDIOS AB. All rights reserved. GTR Evolution is a trademark of SIMBIN STUDIOS AB. Atari and the Atari logo are trademarks owned by Atari Interactive, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners and used under license.
Official Webside :