Cars for the GRID Prototypes Mod 2006-2012 v2.0
reworked by SiGi
3D : Rildoh
Skins : CS21476895 – Dafizzner – DeV – giaserg – LMR – RichWard – Rosicky10 – Silentgun – COLVIN35
Physics : Alexkiller8
Motec : Scorpyo
Sounds : SCC – Zonta11
Extras : ThePsy – Alless
Dome by Ibne
Lola B08 by JPBS
Acura ARX-01 Sounds by EnduRacers Modding Team
Mod Infos :
Model : Peugeot 908
Engine : Peugeot HDi 3.7 L Turbo Diesel V8
Year : 2011
Series : ILMC / 24h LM / LMS
Classes : LMP1
this reworked car can still be installed and driven as standalone without the GRID Prototypes Mod.
Car Infos from Wikipedia :
The Peugeot 908 is an auto racing car developed by Peugeot Sport in 2011 for the Le Mans Prototype category of racing. Powered by a diesel engine, it is the successor to the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP which competed since 2007. The newer 908 features a smaller diesel than its predecessor, utilizing a 3,700 cc (230 cu in) HDi V8 engine with Honeywell Turbo Technologies turbocharger in order to meet new regulations for 2011. The 908 has competed in all rounds of the 2011 Intercontinental Le Mans Cup including the 2011 24 Hours of Le Mans. The new 908 lost about 150 bhp compared to 2010 but improvements in the chassis and handling made the car much more agile. Rear tyres are now fitted on the front. The only part that has been reused from its predecessor was the windscreen wiper.
change-log – reworked by SiGi :
Version 2.1 (March 2020) :
– reworked some texture settings
– renamed / corrected some material names to prevent conflicts (mainly for online racing)
– added much better internal Cockpit from Enduracers LMP Mod for rFactor, converted to GTR2 by Merlin75
– created new cockpit chassis
– created new MoTeC Display and LEDs for Steering Wheel (textures from Porsche 991 RSR GRID, created by Scorpyo)
– re-scaled internal mirror glass and position (dimension is now displayed correctly)
– added new rainscreen
– reworked external mirrors (new texture for holder and glass)
– reworked taillights position and created new powered on light textures (tail, brake and rainlights)
– corrected positions for head and extra lights (now no more flickering)
– created rainlight
– made external steering wheel movable
– added new wheel textures
– corrected expo floor height
– improved many .car file entries
– added latest, updated engine files by GT-IMT
– added better shadow texture by GTR233
– reworked many CAS file entries
– improved / reduced “wobbling” discs / wheels
– and a lot more that I don’t remember…
Version 2.0 – February 2017 :
– reworked internal steering wheel (changed position, buttons distance, material settings, rpm lights)
– reworked cockpit windows
– added new collision and shadow file
– added new backfire
– added new sounds
– improved gear settings for default setup
– and some more i can’t remember…
Recommended Addons for this mod :
Deinstall / Install Instructions :
i recommend always to DELETE FIRST any previous versions of this car / mod to prevent crashes / mismatches !
for that, navigate into your “GTR2GameDataTeamsGRID…” directory and delete the complete folder “Peugeot 908 Teams” – done.
to install, extract with WinRAR or else and drop the GameData folder into your GTR2 main-directory – allow to overwrite existing one with “YES ALL” – done.
No original GTR2 files will be overwritten.
The Peugeot 908 uses the sound files from the GRID Prototypes Mod 2006-2012 v2.0.
i haven’t added this sounds into this package to save webspace.
– only for private, non-commercial use / entertainment
– use at your own risk
All copyrights belong to their respective owners.