GTR2 Conversion by LeeJr
ISI (Image Space Incorporated) for Original Track v1.0 of the rFactor version 1550, released in August, 2006 (http://www.rfactor.net).
S.Charlie Gog – Test Drivers – HRM Porsche Club Staffs (http://www.djhos.com/index.php).
Original Track of the rFactor v.1550 was converted and modified for GTR2 by LeeJr (BR, 11/2007).
Track Infos from Wiki :
The Nürburgring is a 150,000 person capacity motorsports complex located in the town of Nürburg, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. It features a Grand Prix race track built in 1984, and a much longer Nordschleife “North loop” track which was built in the 1920s around the village and medieval castle of Nürburg in the Eifel mountains. The north loop is 20.8 km (12.9 mi) long and has more than 300 metres (1,000 feet) of elevation change from its lowest to highest points. Jackie Stewart nicknamed the old track “The Green Hell”.
The new track was completed in 1984 and named GP-Strecke (German: Großer Preis-Strecke: literally, “Grand Prix Course“). It was built to meet the highest safety standards. However, it was considered in character a mere shadow of its older sibling. Some fans, who had to sit much farther away from the track, called it Eifelring, Ersatzring, Grünering or similar nicknames, believing it did not deserve to be called Nürburgring. Like many circuits of the time, it offered few overtaking opportunities.
Prior to the 2013 German Grand Prix both Mark Webber and Lewis Hamilton said they like the track. Webber described the layout as “an old school track” before adding, “It’s a beautiful little circuit for us to still drive on so I think all the guys enjoy driving here.” While Hamilton said “It’s a fantastic circuit, one of the classics and it hasn’t lost that feel of an old classic circuit.”
Virtual Track Infos :
European GP F1 Layout – Version 2.0 – 08/2007
NEW PERMANENT CIRCUIT FOR GTR2
Version 2.0 :
– Signs of approximation of curves with more visibility (50M, 100M and 200M)
– Correct file LOD layout of the track in load track
– The two cones in the last chicane now break to beat, without causing damage in cars, but will be punished if cut the track
– Fixed speed in the pit lane to 80 km/h
Version 1.0 Features :
– Work 100% On Line Race
– Rain Reflections in Track
– Shadows Enable
– Flag Marshals
– Crowds Sound
– View SafetyCar in Rolling Race Start
– AIW fully working in GTR2
– Max 33 Car in Grid
Edited and Converted with :
– TRK Maker v.1.8b by Dave Noonan.
– 3DMax 9 and 3dSimED 1.15e by Dave Noonan.
– Adobe PhotoShop CS. (*.DDS)
– Remove any previous version before copying to the correct folder. -> (GTR2\Gamedata\Locations)