GTR2 Conversion and revised by ZWISS
– Simbin for the original track
– Dangerous Beans for the original conversion
– BlackHawk and FrankyBB for their fantastic LODs
– delphi82 for his other layouts
Track Infos from Wiki :
The Nürburgring is a 150,000 person capacity motorsports complex located in the town of Nürburg, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. It features a Grand Prix race track built in 1984, and a much longer Nordschleife “North loop” track which was built in the 1920s around the village and medieval castle of Nürburg in the Eifel mountains. The north loop is 20.8 km (12.9 mi) long and has more than 300 metres (1,000 feet) of elevation change from its lowest to highest points. Jackie Stewart nicknamed the old track “The Green Hell”.
The new track was completed in 1984 and named GP-Strecke (German: Großer Preis-Strecke: literally, “Grand Prix Course“). It was built to meet the highest safety standards. However, it was considered in character a mere shadow of its older sibling. Some fans, who had to sit much farther away from the track, called it Eifelring, Ersatzring, Grünering or similar nicknames, believing it did not deserve to be called Nürburgring. Like many circuits of the time, it offered few overtaking opportunities.
Prior to the 2013 German Grand Prix both Mark Webber and Lewis Hamilton said they like the track. Webber described the layout as “an old school track” before adding, “It’s a beautiful little circuit for us to still drive on so I think all the guys enjoy driving here.” While Hamilton said “It’s a fantastic circuit, one of the classics and it hasn’t lost that feel of an old classic circuit.”
The virtual track :
This might be the first ‘official’ release, but I’m not the one who did the actual convertion. A gentleman called ‘Dangerous Beans’ did the conversion at a time when converting from GTL->GTR2 was still considered very illegal. I decided to do an ‘official’ release (at last). Sunalp did already release Mondello and Zolder from GTL. I did the other two missing from GTR2.
This track was incuded with GT Legends by Simbin. It’s the 2005 version of the track. It has been around as a GTR2 conversion for a long time, but was considered illegal. Since Simbin’s last statement about conversions from older games, this track can at last be ‘officially’ released.
included are the following layouts :
– Nürburgring GP (5.148 km / 3.199 miles)
– Nürburgring GP with Castrol-S (4.579 km / 2.845 miles)
– Nürburgring Müllenbach (1.489 km / 0.925 miles)
– Nürburgring Sprint (3.629 km / 2.255 miles)
– Nürburgring Sprint with Castrol-S and Veedol-S (3.049 km / 1.847 miles)
– Nürburgring Sprint with Veedol-S (3.618 km / 2.248 miles)
What I did :
– put together the ‘Dangerous Beans’ version with the additional rFactor layouts (done by Delphi82)
– copied many bits in the AIW to fix pits and pacecar
– edit AIW in Castrol-S of some layouts.
– copy some cones and tyres, no new objects or textures.
– add shadows to start straight bridges
– fixed rainpath and racing groove in AIW’s
Update 3.0 :
– lots of new textures, tuned textures
– optimised GMT’s and TRK file for better FPS (shadowsreceivers, fixed many wrong CollTargets and HATtargets, delete double polygons…)
– adding more realistic sponsors
– fixed length of races to FIA GT 2005 length (500 km or 3 hours)
known issues :
You will get a ‘cut track penalty’ at the start if ALL of the following conditions are true :
– rolling start
– skip the pace lap without driving a bit
– you start on one of the last rows
ONLY if ALL of these are true, you will get a penalty, so if you do NOT skip the pace lap, or you drive 100 m after the pace car, or if you start more in front, then nothing will happen. I still haven’t figured out how to fix this. All help is welcome.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT SIMBIN BY BUYING THEIR GAMES.