GTR2 Conversion and updates by Neel Jani
Track build from scratch for rFactor by Loco
Scratch build AIW for 30 cars and flag marshals by Thierrydu81
Camera by Luigi
HD Horizon Texture by fred_@s
Special thanks to Loco for the permission to convert his great circuit to the SimBin platforms (GTR2 and GT Legends).
Track Infos from Wikipedia :
The Circuit Paul Ricard is a motorsport race track built in 1969 at Le Castellet, near Marseille, in France, with finance from the eccentric pastis magnate Paul Ricard. Ricard wanted to experience the challenge of building a racetrack.
The track is characterised by its long Mistral straight (1.8 km, 1.1 mi) and elongated track design. The track is also unusual in that it is built on a plateau, and is very flat. In 1986 the track was modified to shorten the circuit, by adding shortcut through to the middle of the Mistral Straight. This shorter circuit is also known as the GP short circuit and is 3.813 km (2.369 mi) long. The track offers 167 possible configurations from 0.826 km (0.513 mi) to the full 5.861 km (3.642 mi). The track’s elevation ranges from 408 to 441 m (1,339 to 1,447 ft) above sea level. Its flexibility and mild winter weather mean that it is used for testing by several motorsport teams, including Formula One teams.
GTR2 Version :
Circuit tested with DirectX 7, 8 and 9.
Maximum number of cars : 32
Version 2.2 :
– corrected shadows for garages
Thanks to DerDumeklemmer for reporting this issue !
Version 2.1 :
– reworked night lighting,
– New pit in / pit out lights
– added Google Map for parties land
– revised some of the textures
– added new small missing buildings along the track (seen on original photos and videos)
– improved bias settings for many objects (displaying the distance – Lodin / Lodout)
– added new support vehicles
– reworked flagh marshals
– fixed tree rendering
– and added many other objects…
For the update of the circuit and part of the new 3D objects, one or more textures were created with images of CGTEXTURES.COM. These images can not be redistributed by default, please visit www.cgtextures.com for more information.
Version : 2.0 :
– corrected rain reflections
– optimized textures and .gmt files
– added night lightning
– AIW correction of the Proto Version by Thierrydu81
Following these adjustments and optimizations we have now detected better frames on several computer systems.
Version 1.1 :
– corrected conflicts with other track versions
– added ambient sounds for specators
– some corrections on GDB and TRK files
– added new great HD horizon textures made by Fred_as (thank you !)
This V1.1 of Paul Ricard HTTT includes now also a short layout (SH).
Thanks to Greybrad who reworked the AIW for the HS layout and corrected also the AIWs for the GT & Proto Version.
Also thanks to Luigi who made the new cameras !
also thanks to :
beta testers : Boblebric, Surtees and Thierrydu81.
SimBin for GTR2
Dave Noonan for 3DSimED and SimGarage
Adobe for Photoshop
Editing and releases of my track files in any form are not permitted without my explicitly permission.
Neel Jani (Alain David)
this description was updated by SiGi for eSport-Racing.de, February 2019.