works also in GTL and P&G Mod
Mod created by Bodie
* Minilites by THE BRACE, used with kind permission
* Original body mesh by Electronic Arts, half-inched while they weren’t looking
* Model compilation, manipulation and variation, mapping, shading and templating, and all
* original physics data by me
Car Infos from Wikipedia :
The Plymouth Road Runner is a mid-size car with a focus on performance built by Plymouth in the United States between 1968 and 1980. By 1968, some of the original muscle cars were moving away from their roots as relatively cheap, fast cars as they gained features and increased in price. Plymouth developed the Road Runner to market a lower priced, basic trim model to its upscale GTX.
Plymouth paid $50,000 to Warner Bros.-Seven Arts to use the Road Runner name and likeness from their Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner cartoons (as well as a “beep, beep” horn, which Plymouth paid $10,000 to develop). The Road Runner was based on the Chrysler B platform (the same as the Belvedere and Satellite), as a back-to-basics mid-size performance car.
The 1969 model kept the same basic look, but with slight changes to the taillights and grille, side marker lights, optional bucket seats, and new Road Runner decals. The Road Runner added a convertible option for 1969 with 2,128 such models produced that year. All were 383 cu in (6.3 L) engine cars, except for ten which were equipped with a 426 cu in (7.0 L) Hemi.
SIM Version Infos :
THE ENGINES :
Both are based on dyno data published by Mopar Muscle Magazine. One is a stock 383; the was tested after the addition of Hooker Headers, Demon 850 carb, Mopar M-1 intake and Competition high-lift cam.
These cars are not fitted with rollcages, and the only crumple zone is your face. You are strongly advised to keep them shiny-side-up.
ADVANCED USER ADVICE :
Can’t leave things alone? This mod as downloaded requires the GTL_STEX and GTL_TALENT .GTR files, which you’ll have if you’ve installed GTL-GTR2 or P&G. If you’re intending to install it somewhere else for some reason, they CAN be bypassed, but the mod will CTD unless you switch off Cockpit Hands Man. I don’t know why this is – it just is.
Ask first ! I’ll probably say yes !
DOWNLOADED FROM SOMEWHERE OTHER THAN NOGRIP ? *
Please tell me via same.
THANKS FOR YOUR DOWNLOAD. I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.
* edit 29.09.2008 :
– also hosted on eSport-Racing.de with friendly permission from Bodie
Version 2.0 – reworked by SiGi, January 2020 :
i have reworked this old mod from 2008, basicly created by Bodie. Originally I just wanted to create some new, better thumbnails for the website – after a short test drive I thought it was worth revising this classic American muscle car 😉
here are my changes :
– added required files to run the mod standalone (no need to install other mods / files)
– renamed all files to Plymouth_RR to short file names
– reworked many material texture settings
– recentered all steering wheels
– created new CAS file
– added new damage file
– improved some entries / values in .car files
– added rain and dirtscreen
– added Laptimer (Motec)
– improved powered on headlights position
– corrected partly flickering taillights
– reworked wheel settings and corrected some wrong texture assignments
– vehicle body optically increased (was originally too low)
– corrected expo floor height
– added better shadow texture, created by GTR233
– added new, more realistic Plymouth engine sounds, created by Wolferl
– removed double existing, unneeded team textures
– and a few more things that I don’t remember …
this long car with leaf springs is not so easy to handle (tail wobbles if you brake too hard / late and understeer) – can be a little improved with setup. I made no changes on the driving physics because I believe that it was created realistically.
Adjustments for GT Legends :
if you want to use this car in GTL you have to adjust the CAS file entries for Driver (internal and external) and the Genstring numbers for Driver Outfit (#67) in the .car files – also change the MASFile entries to the correct STEX and TALENT.gtl files (i couldn’t do / test that as i haven’t installed GTL).
Installation Instructions :
extract the .rar file with WinRAR or similar unpacker and copy-paste the GameData folder to your GTR2 or P&G main directory – allow to overwrite all existing folders / files with “YES ALL” – done.
No original GTR2 files will be overwritten.
– only for private, non-commercial use / entertainment
– use at your own risk
All copyrights belong to their respective owners.