Addon-Car for the GRID GT / GRID Prototypes Mod
reworked by SiGi
Mod created by GT Italia Modding Team
Conversion from RR3 by Wraith21
3D updates by Zumlee
Skins created by Wraith21, Silentgun, raphaelnariga, rafaelcordeiro182, mecanoplast, the_racer & Muthig1984
Mod Infos :
Model : Porsche 911 (991.2) RSR LM GTE (2017)
Year : 2017-2020
Series : 24h LM / ELMS / IMSA / IWSC / WEC
Classes : AM / GTE / GTLM / PRO
This is an Addon-Car for the GRID Prototypes Mod 2006-2012 v2.0
this vehicle can also be installed and driven without the Grid prototypes mod.
Car Infos :
For the 2017 season, Porsche presented a newly developed 911 RSR. The chassis, body structure, aerodynamic concept, engine and transmission were completely redesigned. The engine-gearbox unit was reversed, transforming the 911 from a rear-engined to a mid-engined racing car. For traditional reasons, Porsche itself described the installation position as the engine in front of the rear axle, which the Porsche 911 GT1 already had.
change-log – reworked by SiGi :
Version 3.1 (October 2022) :
– added latest 2019-2020 Teams, physics and 3D files by GT-IMT
– created cockpit banners for all 2019-2020 teams
– reworked powered on rainlight texture
– reworked material settings for external cockpit and windows
– created new backfires
– centered external steering wheel
– improved .aud (sound) file
– corrected expo floor height
– added updated class (.gdb) files
Version 1.6 (June 2018) :
i have added / converted a better, more detailed internal cockpit from AC.
specific updates on internal cockpit :
– converted cockpit parts and made all adjustments for GTR2
– cutted a lot of unneeded, not visible parts to reduce size
– cutted / splitted rollcage from cabin for better texturing
– remapped some parts and added / created partly new textures
– reworked all texture settings
– remapped / corrected distorted mirror glasses (doorside)
– created new RPM and Warning LEDs
– added original MoTeC panel created by Scorpyo
– created new chassis
– added new rainscreen
– created individual team banners
other updates :
– splitted / separeted rear wing from boot
– added new collision and reworked shadow file
– corrected wobbling discs on rear wheels
– reworked some texture setting for wheels
– centered steering wheel
– added new damage file
– created new CAS file
– reworked CAR files
– added new sounds
– added new ambient shadow by GTR233
– and some more i can’t remember…
Sound Notes :
The required sounds for this mod are included in the GRID GT Soundpack :
Recommended Addons for this mod :
4GB Patch for GTR2
Alternative Effect Sounds
HD Gloves & Driver Suits by BariCZ
Deinstall / Install Instructions :
i recommend always to DELETE FIRST any previous versions of this car / mod to prevent crashes / mismatches !
for that, navigate into your “GTR2-GameData-Teams-GRID_GT…” directory and delete the complete folder “Porsche 911 RSR Teams” – done.
to install, extract with WinRAR or else and drop the GameData folder into your GTR2 main-directory – allow to overwrite existing one with “YES ALL” – done.
No original GTR2 files will be overwritten.
– only for private, non-commercial use / entertainment
– use at your own risk
All copyrights belong to their respective owners.
One Thought to “Porsche 911.2 RSR LM GTE 2017-2020 v3.1”
OMG the sound and the handling of this car is insanely good, i love it !!!