Addon-Car for the GRID Prototypes Mod 2006-2012 v2.0
reworked by SiGi
Mod created by GT Italia Modding Team
EA NFS Shift to GTR2 Conversion by scca1981
Skins created by : – the_racer – giaserg – CS21476895 – rosicky10 – alex_speed
New wheels created by scorpyo
Mod Infos :
Model : Porsche 911 (997) GT3 RSR (2008)
Year : 2008-2010
Series : 24h LM / IMSA ALMS / LMS
Class : GT2
This is an Addon-Car for the GRID Prototypes Mod 2006-2012 v2.0
this vehicle can also be installed and driven without the Grid prototypes mod.
Car Infos from Wikipedia :
The 997 GT3 RSR made its debut at the 2007 24 Hours of Le Mans. It had a displacement increased to 3.8 liters and an engine output of 342 kW (465 hp). When the 997 GT3 RSR was first used, Manthey Racing was again the team under whose direction the vehicles were used. The vehicles finished 14th and 15th in the 2006 Spa-Francorchamps 24-hour race. From 2007, the 997 GT3 RSR was offered to customers (35 units were produced over the winter) and then also in the other races of the FIA GT championship and racing series used. In 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2011, Manthey Racing won the Nürburgring 24-hour race with this vehicle.
change-log – reworked by SiGi :
Version 1.4 (October 2022) :
– changed car class from KRSR to K997
– reworked CAS and updated damage file
– added new backfire
– added missing rainlights
– reworked powered on rear lights
– created internal cockpit banners for some teams
– corrected expo floor height
– created talent.gtr file
– added new shadow texture (better anti-aliasing)
– added updated class (.gdb) files
Version 1.3 (October 2017) :
updates on internal cockpit :
– added a new, more realistic cockpit from Porsche Mobil Super Cup 2011 created by GSMF for rFactor, taken from the GTR2 Version by JCM@cedo.
– created new chassis
– added cockpit mirrors (doorside) from original cockpit
– reworked MoTeC : added new bg textures, corrected peak light position and added revlimiter and fuel warning light)
– reworked texture settings for cockpit windows
– added GT Flashlight (only visually, from eSR SCGT Series by LeeJr)
– reworked rainscreen (position and animation)
– created windows banner (only one for all teams since there is no more free cpit slot)
other updates :
– created glass for external mirrors
– added new collision and shadow file
– added new damage file
– reworked texture settings for wheels and added default GTR2 tread textures
– reworked CAS file
– reworked .car files
– added new sounds and adjusted .aud file (from GT3 SoundPack by TrulliTrain/Simtek)
– and some more i can’t remember…
Sound Notes :
The required sounds for this mod are included in the GRID GT Soundpack :
Recommended Addons for this mod :
Deinstall / Install Instructions :
i recommend always to DELETE FIRST any previous versions of this car / mod to prevent crashes / mismatches !
for that, navigate into your “GTR2-GameData-Teams-GRID_GT…” directory and delete the complete folder “Porsche 997 GT3 RSR Teams” – done.
to install, extract with WinRAR or else and drop the GameData folder into your GTR2 main-directory – allow to overwrite existing one with “YES ALL” – done.
No original GTR2 files will be overwritten.
– only for private, non-commercial use / entertainment
– use at your own risk
All copyrights belong to their respective owners.