Mod created by Kiwisteve
Championship Infos from Wikipedia :
The 2009 Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup season was the 17th Porsche Supercup season. The races were all supporting races in the 2009 Formula One season. The calendar went across Europe and to Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates in Asia. Jeroen Bleekemolen won the title, finishing every single race on the podium.
In the Porsche Supercup the 911 GT3 Cup type 997 is deployed – a car based on the Porsche 911 Carrera. All vehicles are technically identical: 450 hp, sequential six-speed gearbox, aero pack, Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB), 1,200 kg. The PCCB is deployed exclusively in Porsche Supercup.
Mod Infos :
This is your chance to be a driver in the 2009 Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup. Supporting the Formula 1 circus, there are 12 races across the world, in a season running from from April to September.
Here’s the race schedule:
Bahrain (2 races), Barcelona, Monaco, Istanbul, Silverstone, Nurburgring, Hungaroring, Valencia street circuit, Spa Francorchamps, Monza and finally Abu Dhabi.
You will need to download the tracks listed below as they are not included as standard with GTR2. You can also run this mod on your choice of tracks outside the championship by choosing the mod in the game’s CLASS selector.
Mod History :
– 1.0 released July 2009
Install Instructions :
As there are new talent files in this new mod that will clash with the PMSC_08 mod (meaning the AI drivers will not perform like they’re meant to!). I recommend deleting that mod before installing the PMSC_09 mod. (Actually as PMSC_09 is a totally standalone mod you may wish to store PMSC_08 somewhere rather than delete it totally!). Extract the .rar file and copy the GameData folder into the GTR2 folder, let all overwrite (no original GTR2 files will be affected!).
Required Championship Tracks :
– please see included Readme file for more infos !
People who helped :
Big thanks to GRF – German Racing Factory (www.grfmods.de.vu) – for their original Porsche Carrera Cup 2006 mod! And thanks to Oversteer for his encouragement and his Real_Dash_Mod. Thanks too to Schuchi, Carzy90 and snowy for major help and support.
1. The Porsche Carrera Cup 2006 engine & gearbox were changed by Schuchi for the PMSC_08 mod with permission from Oversteer (GRF).
2. The sound is by Carzy90 (“Ultimate RSR and RS Sounds” – many thanks for it.)
3. Oversteer’s Real Dash Mod is also included. Thanks.
4. Black BBS/Michelin wheels for the #27 and #28 cars are from the the 24H Rennen 2008 Mini Mod GTR2 and are used with the permission of Aleksss (link)
5. Logos and skin elements for cars #31, #32, #33 and #34 are from the excellent Porsche Carrera Cup Great Britain 2009 mod for rfactor – so big thanks to snowy.