Cars for the GRID Prototypes Mod 2006-2012 v2.0
reworked by SiGi
GTR2 Conversion and adjustments by PATR10T from EEC Community
for more infos see included “ReadMe LMP1 HY Cars 2014.txt” file.
Mod Infos :
Model : Toyota TS040 Hybrid (2014)
Typ : Le Mans Prototype
Engine : Toyota RV8KLM 3.7L V8
included Teams : 2014-2015
Series : 24h LM / WEC
Class : P1
This is an Addon-Car for the GRID Prototypes Mod 2006-2012 v2.0
this reworked car can be also installed and driven as standalone without the GRID Prototypes Mod.
Car Infos from Wikipedia :
The Toyota TS040 Hybrid is a Le Mans Prototype 1 (LMP1) sports car built and used by Toyota Motorsport GmbH in the 2014 and 2015 seasons of the FIA World Endurance Championship.
Work on the car’s design began in November 2012, when the Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO) published its 2014 technical regulations and Toyota utilised its resources after the 2013 24 Hours of Le Mans.
The car is an aerodynamic improvement on its predecessor, the TS030 Hybrid, and its design allowed four-wheel drive. It has two kinetic energy recovery system (KERS) regenerative-braking devices at the front and rear axles to charge a supercapacitor and, in accordance with the 2014 regulations, was placed in the 6 MJ (1.7 kWh) class. The TS040’s engine was carried over from the TS030; its displacement was increased from 3.4 l (210 cu in) to 3.7 l (230 cu in) for better efficiency, producing 513 horsepower (383 kW) to the rear wheels.
change-log – reworked by SiGi :
Version 1.1 (January 2023) :
– replaced Motec panel on cockpit dash with display mirror
– reworked steering wheel textures and LEDs
– added new MoTeC Panel for steering wheel
– added dirt and rainscreen
– added some missing parts to cockpit chassis
– created position and daylights
– created new glowing lights texture (lights01)
– created new glowing number plate textures for LM teams (cpit03)
– reworked CAS and CAR file entries
– changed some texture settings for wheels
– added matching engine sound and improved sound position
– added 2015 teams, helmets and HDC file from Toyota TS040 2015 Mod by saschalolxd
– added new shadow texture (better anti-aliasing)
– created Tech Spec Infos for Showroom
…and some more that I can’t remember…
Sound Notes :
The required sound files are NOT included in this mod !
This vehicle uses the sounds from the Toyota TS030 Hybrid 2012-2013.
If you haven’t installed this car yet or hear no sounds in game, download the GRID Prototypes Sound-Pack :
Recommended Addons for this mod :
Deinstall / Install Instructions :
i recommend always to DELETE FIRST any previous versions of this car / mod to prevent crashes / mismatches !
for that, navigate into your “GTR2-GameData-Teams-GRID…” directory and delete the complete folder “Toyota TS040 Hybrid” – done.
to install, extract with WinRAR or else and drop the GameData folder into your GTR2 main-directory – allow to overwrite existing one with “YES ALL” – done.
No original GTR2 files will be overwritten.
– only for private, non-commercial use / entertainment
– use at your own risk
All copyrights belong to their respective owners.