Varano de’Melegari (Autodromo Riccardo Paletti) 2009-2011
Original rFactor track by Giovanni “Madhorse” Mangione & Gabriele “Elwood” Bonora
Version updates, both rFactor and GTR2 versions by Elwood
Circuit Infos from Wikipedia :
Autodromo Riccardo Paletti is a motorsport race track near Varano in the Province of Parma, Italy. The track began as a small 550 m (0.34 mi) oval in 1969, and this was then expanded to a full 1.800 km (1.118 mi), 11 turn race track. This new layout was inaugurated officially on 26 March 1972.
In 2001 the layout was extended to a length of 2.375 km (1.476 mi).
Version 1.5 :
– 2011 Layout with new ‘Tornantino’ design and wider main straight (left +3m) areas
– Rally Circuit Series PS5 layout
Starting point is near the pit entry, When exiting paddock, the main gate will be open, take left and follow the pit lane.
The real event will be: Start, do 4 full laps, then enter pits. Clocks are ok in SP, not in MP, they crash GTR2.
Removed a lot of 3D using alpha channel for transparency for 3D solid structures.
Version 1.3 :
2010 Layout with new Ickx corner and wider runoff areas (Ickx and Ferro di Cavallo corners)
A lot of improvements in details, expecially in the track entrance/parking zone.
12cm concrete kerbs in some corners, cutting is a bit difficult now.
Fictional Gimkana layout, good for test the handling in tight corners (i recommend to use handbrake and
Version 1.2 :
– 70% of old track is totally reworked.
– Remodeled and remapped with better overall use of shaders and detail.
– I’ve taking care of real track asphalt properties, bumps, kerbs, small elevation changes and kerbs behaviour.
– Added some fake ambient occlusion on terrain and some buildings.
– Reduced a lot of alpha layers and dynamic shadows.
– Added the short old track, used by CIGS, Centro Internazionale Guida Sicura, Safedriving School.
Known issues :
Maybe can be heavy on FPS with max settings on some machines, we fucused on detail.
– Extract the zip content into your GTR2\Gamedata\Locations\ folder
– Remove any previous Varano.hat file in \GTR2\Userdata\Logs\HAT folder, if exist
ANY KIND OF CONVERSION OR PUBLIC USE OF MATERIAL INSIDE VARANO TRACK, IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
VIRTUAL TRACK OWNED BY SO.GE.SA srl, ITALY.