Circuit Park Zandvoort 2017
GP, Club and National Layouts
Original Track created by SimBin Studios
GTR2 Conversion, modification & improvements by Neel Jani
Track Infos from Wikipedia :
Circuit Zandvoort (known as Circuit Park Zandvoort until 2017) is a motorsport race track located in the dunes north of Zandvoort, Netherlands, near the North Sea coast line. It will return to the Formula One calendar in 2021 as the location of the revived Dutch Grand Prix.
The circuit gained popularity because of its fast, sweeping corners such as Scheivlak as well as the “Tarzanbocht” (Tarzan corner) hairpin at the end of the start/finish straight. Tarzanbocht is the most famous corner in the circuit. Since there is a camber in the corner, it provides excellent overtaking opportunities. It is possible to pass around the outside as well as the easier inside lane. This corner is reportedly named after a local character who had earned the nickname of Tarzan and only wanted to give up his vegetable garden in the dunes if the track’s designers named a nearby corner after him. On the other hand, many different stories about Tarzan Corner are known.
The circuit design has been modified and altered several times:
- 1948–1971: length 4.193 kilometers (2.605 mi)
- 1972–1979: length 4.226 kilometers (2.626 mi)
- 1980–1989: length 4.252 kilometers (2.642 mi)
- 1990–1998: length 2.526 kilometers (1.570 mi)
- 1999–2019: length 4.307 kilometers (2.676 mi)
- 2020–present: length 4.259 kilometers (2.646 mi)
GTR2 change-log :
Version 1.1 :
– added National Layout
– New AIW with now up to 36 cars *
* Thanks to Uwe (DerDumeklemmer) for the updated AIW, for the objects posts and the tire nuts.
Version 1.0 :
I used for my modification several videos and photos from DTM 2017.
I made several changes – i changed the old Simbin ads with newer ones from 2017,
corrected grounds and totality of the objects so that they receive the night lights and shadows.
– added night lightning
– added my animated flag model
– added advertising media across the track (missing in the original version)
– added new safety vehicle
– small modification in the upper part of the garages
– added additional tents
– added flag marshals and other objects
– created and added new sponsors
– created Loading image and Icon
– added TV trucks
Maximum number of cars : 25
Thanks to Albert88 for editing videos (BIK) for TV screens and for testing.
also thanks to :
SimBin for GTR2
Adobe for Photoshop CS5
Dave Noonan for 3DSimED and SimGarage