GTR2 Conversion by rsvmille42 of the “Race07” Zandvoort track
Edited AIW and GDB-file, some changed textures, more visible groove added.
inclusive 2009 update by Arthur Vince (read below)
Simbin : Track
sunalp2 : coloured marshall overalls
Taku : LOD screens
Dave Noonan : 3DSimed
Luigi Auriemma : wtcced (decryption tool)
Track Infos from Wikipedia :
Circuit Zandvoort (known as Circuit Park Zandvoort until 2017) is a motorsport race track located in the dunes north of Zandvoort, Netherlands, near the North Sea coast line. It will return to the Formula One calendar in 2021 as the location of the revived Dutch Grand Prix.
The circuit gained popularity because of its fast, sweeping corners such as Scheivlak as well as the “Tarzanbocht” (Tarzan corner) hairpin at the end of the start/finish straight. Tarzanbocht is the most famous corner in the circuit. Since there is a camber in the corner, it provides excellent overtaking opportunities. It is possible to pass around the outside as well as the easier inside lane. This corner is reportedly named after a local character who had earned the nickname of Tarzan and only wanted to give up his vegetable garden in the dunes if the track’s designers named a nearby corner after him. On the other hand, many different stories about Tarzan Corner are known.
The circuit design has been modified and altered several times:
- 1948–1971: length 4.193 kilometers (2.605 mi)
- 1972–1979: length 4.226 kilometers (2.626 mi)
- 1980–1989: length 4.252 kilometers (2.642 mi)
- 1990–1998: length 2.526 kilometers (1.570 mi)
- 1999–2019: length 4.307 kilometers (2.676 mi)
- 2020–present: length 4.259 kilometers (2.646 mi)
GTR2 FEATURES :
– Full featured GTR2 AIW (25 cars).
– Animated Marshalls.
– Working Start/Pitlights.
– Supports dx8, dx9.
– Rolling starts working.
– Time-trial mode working.
No nightlights, but driving at night is possible, most important things will light up when shined on.
– Extract the zip to your GTR2/Locations folder.
KNOWN ISSUES :
– Restricted dx7 support.
– Lower FPS at first corner (Tarzanbocht).
Note: when you have lower FPS, try lowering detail for shadows/track, as this track is full of detail.
– Bumps: more bumpy track than usual. I’ve tried to eliminate them, it seems it’s less bumpier than before, also much depends on which car/mod you driving with. FFB settings in CAR-file for each car/mod is different, i can drive the track real fast with stock GTR2 cars. My FFB settings for my wheel: Full effects and reverse effects 100% strength.
– Supports only 25 cars, no room for more garages.
Special Thanks to Louike for betatesting
Suggestions/ improvements for this track are welcome!
Zandvoort 2009 update for GTR2
created by Arthur Vince
Version : 1.3
Update some DDS textures with GEditor, PSPro.
New billboards 2009 standards, updated grass, tarmac, buildings, cars, trucks etc.. to – TanGO Masters of Formula 3 – Layout of the track.
I’ve used some real videos’s to create the real stuff.
Also i’ve put some nice pictures from this event into the file.
update v1.3 :
– updated trackcam
– Truck windows appears wrong true fences
drop the Zandvoort07 folder into your GTR2\GameData\Locations directory,
allow to overwrite existing one with “YES ALL” – done.
if you dont like copy “7ZandvoortMap.gtr” file back from the original and allow to overwrite.
there should be no online-mismatch with this texture-update.
RACE 07 – The WTCC GAME © 2007 SimBin Studios AB. Developed by SimBin Development Team AB.
Published by SimBin Studios AB. All rights reserved. RACE 07 – The WTCC GAME is a trademark of
SimBin Studios AB. All other Trademarks are the property of their respective owners and used under licence.