Cars for the GRID Prototypes Mod
reworked by SiGi
Mod created by GT-Italia Modding Team
special thanks to the following people for their help to realize this mod:
Silentgun – Giaserg – Colvin35 – Wraith21 – Chopchop – Daniel24919 –
Gatsby – Stalker – Rosicky10 – Alex Speed – Scorpyo – Blablapif – Dev –
Peter.Edding – Dafizzner – Jalex13 – Emre
3D updates : Rildoh – Andrea Pelà – Wraith 21 – Alless – Filart
Cockpit update : marneus_the_boss
Physics : Alexkiller8
Extras : Fraggon – ThePsy – BMW Racer
Mod Infos :
Model : Acura ARX-02a
Year : 2009
Serie : ALMS
Class : P1
The Acura ARX-02a comes from the old GRID Prototypes 5.0 Mod created by GT-Italia Modding Team. Now you can drive this reworked car again with the latest GRID Prototypes.
The original mod can be found here.
this reworked car can still be installed and driven as standalone without the GRID Prototypes Mod.
Car Infos from Wikipedia :
The Acura ARX-02a was a Le Mans Prototype constructed by Acura for competition in the LMP1 category of the American Le Mans Series. It was Acura’s second Le Mans Prototype, following their ARX-01 which competed in the LMP2 category.
Unlike the ARX-01, the ARX-02 is a bespoke LMP designed entirely for Acura by Wirth Research. The original 3.4L V8 was expanded to 4 liters for more durability and drivability with the larger power developed with P1 rules.
Wirth Research developed a chassis to generate as much mechanical grip to overcome the power deficit to Diesel centric rules created by the ACO by exploiting the engine’s low mass (low compared to larger Diesel engines). Rear tires are now fitted onto the front of the car, increasing the contact patch by 7%, indicating that the vehicle center of mass was more forward placed than its contemporaries.
The ARX-02a were campaigned by two teams, de Ferran Motorsport (Gil de Ferran, Simon Pagenaud and Scott Dixon) and Highcroft Racing (David Brabham, Scott Sharp and Dario Franchitti), and made its competition debut at the 2009 12 Hours of Sebring.
change-log – reworked by SiGi :
Version 2.1 (February 2020) :
– reworked many texture settings
– reworked some textures
– added new backfire
– reworked internal and external mirrors / glasses
– corrected headlight position
– reworked powered on taillights and texture
– added new shadow and collision file
– centered external steering wheel
– created new cockpit chassis
– added new internal steering wheel *
– reworked wheel parts (position and textures)
– corrected permanent glowing brake discs
– added new, more realistic sounds from Enduracers LMP Mod
– added latest, updated engine files by GT-IMT
– added better shadow texture by GTR233
– reworked many CAS file entries
– improved / reduced “wobbling” discs / wheels
– and some more that I don’t remember…
* the original steering wheel was low poly and didn’t look good, so i searched and found a much better one (not 100% realistic, but similar). I converted it from an ARX-05 DPi (RR3 Game Model) and made all GTR2 adjustments. I cutted all unneeded / not visible parts, created an Acura Logo, new RPM LEDs and Warning Lights and added Motec Panel wich was originally created by scorpyo for the GRID Ford GT.
Version 2.0 (February 2015) :
in the basic mod version were a lot of wrong settings and bugs, so i decided to eliminate these largely – i haven’t made any changes on physics, models, skins etc., only corrections and improvements, as follows :
– fixed transparent cockpit mirrors
– improved many entries in .car files
– added new damage file
– reworked some CAS file entries
– improved engine sound position
– adjusted some entries in .aud (sound) file
– and some more that I don’t remember…
Recommended Addons for this mod :
Deinstall / Install Instructions :
extract the .rar file with WinRAR or similar unpacker and copy-paste the GameData folder to your GTR2 main directory – allow to overwrite all existing folders / files with “YES ALL” – done. No original GTR2 files will be overwritten.
this car use the same sounds like the Acura HPD ARX-01.
i haven’t added this sounds into this package to save webspace.
if you haven’t installed this car / sounds yet you can get it here
– only for private, non-commercial use / entertainment
– use at your own risk
All copyrights belong to their respective owners.