This is the first Nordschleife for GTR2 wich was released in 2006.
– Track made availible for GTR2 by Alex (Com8), Genhis99 and DutchDevil
– Cam files by Luigi
– New background and skies by Bassguy
– AIW for the tourist version by Gringosan
Important Note :
before installing this version, make FIRST sure that you have NOT installed the “Nordschleife 2007 v2.03c” as both versions use the same main folder “Nordschleife” wich will cause conflicts if you overwrite it. also make sure that you delete the corresponding .hat files.
Deinstall Instructions :
1. navigate to your “GTR2\GameData\Locations\…” directory and delete the folder “Nordschleife” (if exist)
2. navigate to your “GTR2\UserData\LOG\HAT\… directory and delete the following files (if exist) :
Installation Instructions :
extract the .rar file with WinRAR or similar unpacker and drop the
track-folder into your GTR2\GameData\Locations\…directory – done.
Track Infos from Wiki :
The Nürburgring is a 150,000 person capacity motorsports complex located in the town of Nürburg, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. It features a Grand Prix race track built in 1984, and a much longer Nordschleife “North loop” track which was built in the 1920s around the village and medieval castle of Nürburg in the Eifel mountains. The north loop is 20.8 km (12.9 mi) long and has more than 300 metres (1,000 feet) of elevation change from its lowest to highest points. Jackie Stewart nicknamed the old track “The Green Hell”.
Originally, the track featured four configurations: the 28.265 km (17.563 mi)-long Gesamtstrecke (“Whole Course”), which in turn consisted of the 22.810 km (14.173 mi) Nordschleife (“North Loop”), and the 7.747 km (4.814 mi) Südschleife (“South Loop”). There also was a 2.281 km (1.417 mi) warm-up loop called Zielschleife (“Finish Loop”) or Betonschleife (“Concrete Loop”), around the pit area.
Several touring car series still compete on the Nordschleife, using either only the simple 20.8 km (12.9 mi) version with its separate small pit lane, or a combined 24.4 km (15.2 mi)-long track that uses a part of the original modern F1 track (without the Mercedes Arena section, which is often used for support pits) plus its huge pit facilities. Entry-level competition requires a regularity test (GLP) for street-legal cars. Two racing series (RCN/CHC and VLN) compete on 15 Saturdays each year, for several hours.
The annual highlight is the 24 Hours Nürburgring weekend, held usually in mid-May, featuring 220 cars – from small 100 hp (75 kW) cars to 700 hp (520 kW) Turbo Porsches or 500 hp (370 kW) factory race cars built by BMW, Opel, Audi, and Mercedes-Benz, over 700 drivers (amateurs and professionals), and up to 290,000 spectators.
The Nordschleife for GTR2 will come with these 3 layouts :
– 24H layout
– VLN Layout
– Tourist layout
– Each track layout has different objects and textures.
– The 24h and VLN version include a shortcut through the last turn of the GP track.
– There are different road materials with varying grip levels
– The AIW’s support big grids.
– As a bonus for GTR 2 u will start from the tourist entry on the Tourist version.
– All layouts have working rain reflections.
performance tips :
– reducing shadows will give a good fps boost
– turn off VSync
known bugs :
– No serious bugs acured during testing of the last beta.
AGREEMENT OF USE
Storage or Use of this track by installation into a racing simulator constitutes agreement with this and the following statements:
1) This track may not be sold or distributed for commercial purposes, or money exchanged for this track or any part thereof.
2) This track may not be redistributed without written consent of the original author, with exception of the sites listed above.
3) This track cannot be modifed without written consent of the original author.
4) Pieces of this track (not including whole track mesh file) may be extracted and used for other tracks, but cannot be used in projects for commercial purposes, and credit to the original author should appear in a readme that is distributed with the new project.
5) This track must always maintain an unmodified copy of this readme in whatever form it is distributed.
6) This track is covered by implied intellectual property laws, in that it is the property of the author.
7) This track is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.