Addon-Car for the GRID Prototypes Mod 2006-2012 v2.0
reworked by SiGi
Original Car created by Simtek for the WES rFactor Mod
GTR2 Conversion and modified by zumlee & GT-IMT
Internal Cockpit by Kunos Simulazioni from Assetto Corsa, converted by SiGi
Skins created by : dafizzner, silentgun, the_racer & gtr429
Motec by scorpyo
Special thanks to GPFan
Mod Infos :
Model : Porsche 911 (991) GT3 R (2015)
Year : 2016-2018
Series : IMSA IWSC
Classes : GTD
This is an Addon-Car for the GRID Prototypes Mod 2006-2012 v2.0
this vehicle can also be installed and driven without the Grid prototypes mod.
Car Infos :
Based on the production sports car 911 GT3 RS, Porsche has designed a customer racing car for the global GT3 series: the 911 GT3 R.
During the development of the over 368 kW (500 hp) racing 911, special attention was paid to consistent lightweight construction, better aerodynamic efficiency, reduced consumption, better drivability, further optimized safety and a reduction in service and spare parts costs.
In addition to the characteristic double-bubble roof, the 911 GT3 R has taken over from its series counterpart the wheelbase that is 8.3 centimeters longer than the previous generation. Compared to the previous GT3 R, this ensures a more balanced weight distribution and more predictable handling, especially in fast corners.
change-log – reworked by SiGi :
Version 2.1 (October 2022) :
– added latest 2018 Teams, physics and 3D files by GT-IMT
– created cockpit banners for new teams
– reworked powered on rainlight texture
– corrected expo floor height
– added Templates
– added updated class (.gdb) files
Version 1.8 (May, 2018) :
i have added / converted a better, more detailed internal cockpit from AC.
specific updates on internal cockpit :
– converted cockpit parts and made all adjustments for GTR2
– cutted some unneeded, not visible parts
– remapped some parts and added / created partly new textures
– reworked all texture settings
– created new chassis
– added new safety nets and win protection
– added original MoTeC created by Scorpyo
– added rainscreen
– created team banners
other updates :
– re-saved / named wheel part textures and reworked some texture settings
– splitted headlights (left-right for more detailed damage effect)
– reworked backfire
– splitted rear wing holder from boot and merged it with rear wing
– added new collision and reworked shadow file
– added new damage file
– created new CAS file
– reworked CAR files
– added new ambient shadow by GTR233
– and some more i can’t remember…
Sound Notes :
The required sounds for this mod are included in the GRID GT Soundpack :
Recommended Addons for this mod :
4GB Patch for GTR2
Alternative Effect Sounds
HD Gloves & Driver Suits by BariCZ
Deinstall / Install Instructions :
i recommend always to DELETE FIRST any previous versions of this car / mod to prevent crashes / mismatches !
for that, navigate into your “GTR2-GameData-Teams-GRID_GT…” directory and delete the complete folder “Porsche 991 GT3-R Teams” – done.
to install, extract with WinRAR or else and drop the GameData folder into your GTR2 main-directory – allow to overwrite existing one with “YES ALL” – done.
No original GTR2 files will be overwritten.
– only for private, non-commercial use / entertainment
– use at your own risk
All copyrights belong to their respective owners.