Addon-Car for the GRID GT / GRID Prototypes Mod
reworked by SiGi
Mod created by GT Italia Modding Team
Conversion from RR3 by Wraith21
Skins created by rafaelcordeiro182 & Mezmaryse
Mod Infos :
Model : BMW M8 GTE (2018)
Engine : BMW P63/1 V8 4.0L
Year : 2018-2021
Series : 24h LM / IMSA / IWSC / WEC
Classes : GTLM / PRO
This is an Addon-Car for the GRID GT / Prototypes Mod 2006-2012 v2.0
this vehicle can also be installed and driven without the Grid prototypes mod.
Car Infos from Wikipedia :
The BMW M8 GTE is an endurance grand tourer (GT) car constructed by the German automobile manufacturer BMW. It was developed in late 2016 and made its competitive début in IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship and FIA WEC for the 2018 season, and thus marking BMW Motorsport’s return to 24 Hours of Le Mans after a six-year hiatus.
The M8 GTE, which replaced the ongoing BMW M6 GTLM at the end of the 2017 season, is based on the BMW M8. The car was unveiled on 12 September 2017 at the Frankfurt Motor Show, Germany.
change-log – reworked by SiGi :
Version 2.4 (November, 2022) :
I have revised the internal cockpit based on a real model.
specific updates on internal cockpit :
– cutted and separated some parts new for better texturing (rollcage, roof, protectors aso.)
– added partly new textures and reworked all material values
– added better safety net
– created new speed range and warning LEDs
– created new chassis
– reworked mirror glass
– added glowing leds on dash buttons
– added windows
– added dirtscreen
– reworked rainscreen animation
other updates :
– splitted glass light covers for a more detailed damage effect
– created new backfire
– reworked some texture settings
– reworked texture settings for wheels
– added exhaust smoke
– added new damage file
– reworked CAS and CAR files
– added new Engine Sounds (M4 from DTM Mod 2018 created by Sidstalker)
– added new body shadow (better anti-aliasing)
…and some more that I can’t remember…
Sound Notes :
The basic engine sound is included in this mod, but a few effect sounds from the BMW M6 GT3 GTLM are also required.
If you have not installed the BMW M6 GT3 GTLM, you can download it here or download the GRID GT Soundpack right away :
>> GRID GT Sound Files <<
Recommended Addons for this mod :
Deinstall / Install Instructions :
i recommend always to DELETE FIRST any previous versions of this car / mod to prevent crashes / mismatches !
for that, navigate into your “GTR2-GameData-Teams-GRID_GT…” directory and delete the complete folder “BMW M8 GTE Teams” – done.
to install, extract with WinRAR or else and drop the GameData folder into your GTR2 main-directory – allow to overwrite existing one with “YES ALL” – done.
No original GTR2 files will be overwritten.
– only for private, non-commercial use / entertainment
– use at your own risk
All copyrights belong to their respective owners.