Addon-Car for the GRID Prototypes Mod 2006-2012 v2.0
reworked by SiGi
Mod created by GT Italia Modding Team
Skins by Dafizzner, raphaelnariga & gtr429
Wing by Gpfan
Motec by Scorpyo
Mod Infos :
Model : Mercedes AMG GT3
Year : 2017-2019
Series : IMSA / IWSC
Classes : GTD
This is an Addon-Car for the GRID Prototypes Mod 2006-2012 v2.0
this vehicle can also be installed and driven without the Grid prototypes mod.
Car Infos from Wikipedia :
The Mercedes-AMG GT3 is a Mercedes-AMG racing car based on the Mercedes-AMG GT, built according to the FIA GT3 regulations. The vehicle was presented to the public for the first time in 2015 at the Geneva Motor Show. The racing car has been delivered to customer teams since the end of 2015. The Mercedes-AMG GT3 was developed for sprint and long-distance races according to the FIA GT3 regulations, which are close to the series.
It is constructed in accordance with the regulations using lightweight technology, with a racing chassis, a racing brake system and aerodynamics. At the end of 2019, an EVO package for the Mercedes AMG GT3 was presented, including a significantly larger radiator grille and modified headlights.
change-log – reworked by SiGi :
Version 1.7 (October 2022) :
– added latest 2018-2019 Teams, physics and 3D files by GT-IMT
– added cockpit banners for new teams
– added updated class (.gdb) files
Version 1.4 (June 2018) :
– added 2018 Teams, physics, gmts and updated texture files, created by GT-IMT
– updated some .car files and created cpit banners for new teams
Version 1.1 (January 2018) :
i have added / converted a better internal cockpit from Project Cars
specific updates on internal cockpit :
– converted cockpit parts and made all adjustments for GTR2
– remapped some parts and added partly new textures
– reworked all texture settings
– created new chassis
– added new safety nets
– added original MoTeC created by Scorpyo
– reworked rainscreen and added dirtscreen
– created individual team banners
other updates :
– reworked textures settings for some parts
– splitted headlights (left-right for more detailed damage effect)
– corrected win protectors shining trough front window
– reworked texture settings for wheels
– added new calipers, reworked rim textures and corrected disglow position
– added new backfire
– reworked CAS file
– reworked CAR files
– added new collision and shadow file
– added new Engine Sounds (original created by Simtek, GTR2 Conversion by TrulliTrain)
– added better ambient shadow texture by GTR233
– and some more i can’t remember…
Sound Notes :
The required sounds for this mod are included in the GRID GT Soundpack :
Recommended Addons for this mod :
4GB Patch for GTR2
Alternative Effect Sounds
HD Gloves & Driver Suits by BariCZ
Deinstall / Install Instructions :
i recommend always to DELETE FIRST any previous versions of this car / mod to prevent crashes / mismatches !
for that, navigate into your “GTR2-GameData-Teams-GRID_GT…” directory and delete the complete folder “Mercedes AMG GT3 Teams” – done.
to install, extract with WinRAR or else and drop the GameData folder into your GTR2 main-directory – allow to overwrite existing one with “YES ALL” – done.
No original GTR2 files will be overwritten.
– only for private, non-commercial use / entertainment
– use at your own risk
All copyrights belong to their respective owners.