Car for the GRID Prototypes Mod 2006-2012 v2.0
reworked by SiGi
Mod created by Team Czech SCGT
for more infos see included “ReadMe Porsche 919 HY Team Czech SCGT.txt” file.
Mod Infos :
Model : Porsche 919 Hybrid (2013)
Typ : Le Mans Prototype
Engine : Porsche 9R9 2.0L V4 Turbo
Teams : 2014-2016
Series : 24h LM / WEC
Class : P1
This is an Addon-Car for the GRID Prototypes Mod 2006-2012 v2.0
this reworked car can be also installed and driven as standalone without the GRID Prototypes Mod.
Car Infos from Wikipedia :
The Porsche 919 Hybrid is a Le Mans Prototype 1 (LMP1) racing car built and used by Porsche in the 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 seasons of the FIA World Endurance Championship.
It has a two-litre (120 cu in) 90-degree V4 mid-mounted mono-turbocharged petrol engine that produces 500 hp (370 kW) and acts as a chassis load-bearing member – and two separate energy-recovery hybrid systems to recover thermal energy from exhaust gases and convert kinetic energy into electrical energy under braking for storage into lithium-ion battery packs. In accordance with the 2014 regulations, the vehicle was placed in the 6 MJ (1.7 kWh) class.
change-log – reworked by SiGi :
Version 1.1 (December 2022) :
updates on internal cockpit :
– added new steering wheel and Cam-Display from ACC *
– cutted not visible parts from steering wheel and reworked textures / settings
– created new speed indicator LEDs
– created missing warning leds for steering wheel
– remapped / corrected mirror glass (doorside)
– reworked rain and dirtscreen
– separted windows
* taken from the GTR2 Conversion by Sparviero, found on GT-IMT Forum
general updates :
– corrected position for glowing rear lights
– created missing rain lights
– reworked some texture settings
– splitted day lights and winglets for a more detailed damage effect
– reworked CAS and CAR files
– added new shadow file and texture (better anti-aliasing)
– added new Engine Sounds *
– added tech spec files
…and some more that I can’t remember…
* i created a new, alternative engine sound because i didn’t like the one it contained because it had unclean crossfades and on the other hand didn’t really sound realistic – i say this with all respect because i know what kind of work it is to create a good sound!
for reference, i looked at some onboard and external videos from the P919. After a long search, comparison and trial and error, I was able to put together an approximately suitable sound, which in my opinion also gives a better driving experience.
If you don’t like the sound, try Renato’s original sound file (P919_2L_V4_Turbo.aud) – alternatively i created another one, based on a Nissan GT-R (see P919_Nissan.aud).
Model Note :
There is already a newer, high-poly 2016 AC-Conversion of the P919 by Sparviero with different head lights, but it need some rework as the model eats lot of fps.
Sound Notes :
The required sound files are NOT included in this mod !
i have added the new sounds to the GRID Prototypes Sound-Pack wich you can download here :
you need also the Sounds from the GRID GT Ferrari 458 Italia GT2 – if you haven’t installed this car yet, download it here or download the complete GRID GT Sound-Pack here :
>> GRID GT Sound-Pack <<
Recommended Addons for this mod :
Deinstall / Install Instructions :
i recommend always to DELETE FIRST any previous versions of this car / mod to prevent crashes / mismatches !
for that, navigate into your “GTR2-GameData-Teams-GRID…” directory and delete the complete folder “Porsche 919 HY” – done.
to install, extract with WinRAR or else and drop the GameData folder into your GTR2 main-directory – allow to overwrite existing one with “YES ALL” – done.
No original GTR2 files will be overwritten.
– only for private, non-commercial use / entertainment
– use at your own risk
All copyrights belong to their respective owners.